Question Dead CPU

Oct 9, 2021
Hello,

I've posted a previous thread with issues like my PC not turning on anymore, after properly trouble shooting (and buying a new PSU for nothing) the issue seems to be the CPU, after removing it and turning the PC on it worked.

The only thing that baffles me is how? The CPU has never been overclocked, always between 35-50 degrees and hasn't ran any intense program, I have not blue screened once besides the one time the PC actually died on me?
The only issue i've ever encounterend is the fans blowing at massive speed when I shutdown the PC which occured 4-5 times but kept fixing itself in the span of a week (yes I did turn off the PSU since it wouldn't turn off).

But the day it broke it ran completely fine, no overheating (nzxt monitored 34 degrees steady) and my screen froze with a pixelated blue screen message started blowing my fans and never turned back on...

Even when removing the CPU I see no burns or bent pins at all? I've had the CPU for a little over year with 0 issues?

Can anybody potentially give me answers, and is there any warranty on the CPU? I see that AMD apparently offers 3 year warranty's but I don't have a purchase receipt since it was a gift and bought in a different country so I doubt I'll be able to get any form of receipts...

SCANNERMAN777

Honorable
Apr 7, 2016
I have another friend who just had the same thing happen but two days ago. He also had an AMD CPU. I'm curious as to what CPU it is. I'm also wondering if you weren't using a B550 system board. AMD is generally pretty good about such things. I'd give them a try for a replacement CPU at least and explain the problem to them.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello,

I've posted a previous thread with issues like my PC not turning on anymore, after properly trouble shooting (and buying a new PSU for nothing) the issue seems to be the CPU, after removing it and turning the PC on it worked.

The only thing that baffles me is how? The CPU has never been overclocked, always between 35-50 degrees and hasn't ran any intense program, I have not blue screened once besides the one time the PC actually died on me?
The only issue i've ever encounterend is the fans blowing at massive speed when I shutdown the PC which occured 4-5 times but kept fixing itself in the span of a week (yes I did turn off the PSU since it wouldn't turn off).

But the day it broke it ran completely fine, no overheating (nzxt monitored 34 degrees steady) and my screen froze with a pixelated blue screen message started blowing my fans and never turned back on...

Even when removing the CPU I see no burns or bent pins at all? I've had the CPU for a little over year with 0 issues?

Can anybody potentially give me answers, and is there any warranty on the CPU? I see that AMD apparently offers 3 year warranty's but I don't have a purchase receipt since it was a gift and bought in a different country so I doubt I'll be able to get any form of receipts...
Your PC can't work without a CPU.

Over a bunch of years and running my own PC shop for a number of years I have never seen a dead CPU. This is not saying it can't happen just a statement.

Reactions: rickypicky5
Oct 9, 2021
I have another friend who just had the same thing happen but two days ago. He also had an AMD CPU. I'm curious as to what CPU it is. I'm also wondering if you weren't using a B550 system board. AMD is generally pretty good about such things. I'd give them a try for a replacement CPU at least and explain the problem to them.
amd ryzen 3700x and b550 msi gaming plus...

Oct 9, 2021
Your PC can't work without a CPU.

Over a bunch of years and running my own PC shop for a number of years I have never seen a dead CPU. This is not saying it can't happen just a statement.

Well I personally didn't expect it either but removing the CPU allows me to startup the PC, it's the reason i'm so confused. I haven't ran into any issues besides what I stated above which was all in the time span of a week, I also didn't consider it since I removed the CPU checked for any damages on the socket or the CPU itself and it looks brand new.

Like I stated, it had 1 blue screen and only one issue in the entire time span I had it and that's the time it completely shut down my PC and wouldn't startup again.

Oct 9, 2021
no, with CPU in the socket the PC does not power up anything. No led's, no beeps or anything.
With CPU Removed the graphiscard, ram, PSU , fans and motherboard light / led's powerup (obviously the CPU led is the only thing lid up)and no ofcourse it doesn't boot up, it just turns on the other components.

With the CPU in the PC nothing happens, no led's or anything. Absolutely nothing.

TRENDING THREADS