Nov 19, 2019
Hello guys. Couple days ago, my area started getting frequent power outages. Today I turned my PC on to play PUBG with my friends and as the match was starting, my GPU suddenly stopped working (no display). I switched my PC off and unplugged it and tried clearing CMOS but the EZ Debug LED was pointing to BOOT error. I took my motherboard out of the case and proceeded to check each component. Still no display from my GPU and one RAM stick would cause CPU error. Did the power outages kill my components? This is my first build and it's not even a year old. Please help. I also used my iGPU to test my cableand it worked but my pc kept crashing.

My part list is:
Ryzen 3 2200g
Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB at 2666mhz
MSI b450m pro m2
Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti GV-N105TD5-4GD
Patriot Burst 120 gb ssd (OS)
WD Blue 1TB HDD
Silverstone ET-B450 (450W power supply)

Last edited:
Hello guys. Couple days ago, my area started getting frequent power outages. Today I turned my PC on to play PUBG with my friends and as the match was starting, my GPU suddenly stopped working (no display). I switched my PC off and unplugged it and tried clearing CMOS but the EZ Debug LED was pointing to BOOT error. I took my motherboard out of the case and proceeded to check each component. Still no display from my GPU and one RAM stick would cause CPU error. Did the power outages kill my components? This is my first build and it's not even a year old. Please help. I also used my iGPU to test my cableand it worked but my pc kept crashing.

My part list is:
Ryzen 3 2200g
Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB at 2666mhz
MSI b450m pro m2
Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti GV-N105TD5-4GD
Patriot Burst 120 gb ssd (OS)
WD Blue 1TB HDD
Silverstone ET-B450 (450W power supply)
Power outage will not do that put power returning ca come with high voltage spikes that can do some damage, specially if PSU can't contain them.

Reactions: Emmanuel Pauline
It could also be the power supply that has partially failed and is not providing stable power to components. Do you happen to have another PSU around to test, maybe from another system?

Also, did you have the system hooked up through a surge protector? If power is bad in your area, a UPS backup power supply might be a good investment too, so that the system gets temporarily switched over to battery power when power anomalies occur.

Reactions: Emmanuel Pauline
Nov 19, 2019
Hello guys,
My custom build is a
Ryzen 3 2200g
MSI B450M Pro-m2
Gigabyte 1050ti GV-N105TD5-4GD
Crucial Ballistix 2x4gb 2666 mhz
Patriot Burst 120 GB
WD Blue 1TB HDD
Silverstone ET450-B 450W PSU

Yesterday I went and started playing PUBG and in the middle of the match, I lost display. I restarted my PC and still nothing. Went and did the usual steps for repairing such as clearing CMOS, checking RAM one by one but still nothing. My iGPU works fine meaning that my cable also does. I managed to install DDU and deleted drivers and reinstalled latest ones. It worked for a day then today, it lost display again. In addition, I've been getting frequent power outages and I don't know if this might be partially the cause.
Please help me. This is my first build and I don't want it to die without even being one year old.

TRENDING THREADS