[SOLVED] Dead Gpu or Drivers needed ?

Dec 11, 2019
Hi,
Ive recently decided to upgrade my pc, heres the spec :

Gpu : pny rtx 2060 super (new)

Cpu : ryzen 5 3600 (new)

Cooler : h150i (previous build)

Motherboard : tomahawk b450 max (new. Bios v35)

Memory : 2x8go (new)

Psu : b600 v2 cooler master (previous build)

Hardrive : SSD evo 120go and 500go (previous build)

I didnt need to reinstall windows, I updated the gpu and the bios.

The first two days all went well, but today while i was playing my screen froze, the display got corrupted, and the pc rebooted.

The display was still corrupted during the system boot, my 2nd screen wasnt detected, and my gpu wasnt detected either.
I tried a material/driver scan it said it missed pci drivers, i installed all that was proposed but it didnt change anything.

I disconnected and reconnected the gpu and it worked again,

I decided to test a game and the same thing happened, so I did the same and decided to test it again checking the temp, it never went above 60°C.

Everytime the pc freezes and reboot, it does give me an error, not always the same, the latest was "watchdog violation error"

At this point I just dont know what the problem is, I dont think its the gpu, or at least I hope not, I hope its got something to do with drivers or anything else, do anyone know if theres something to do to fix it ?

Solution
Honestly, I'd start with a fresh install of Windows to eliminate that as a possible cause of the issues. Recommended with a motherboard change just to avoid potential issues.

Hi, thx for taking the time to answer,
I was in denial and it was indeed my new gpu that was defective, I tried to play with my old one and there were no problem =/
Dec 11, 2019
Honestly, I'd start with a fresh install of Windows to eliminate that as a possible cause of the issues. Recommended with a motherboard change just to avoid potential issues.

Hi, thx for taking the time to answer,
I was in denial and it was indeed my new gpu that was defective, I tried to play with my old one and there were no problem =/

Solution