Question dead hard drive

Apr 4, 2022
I got My passport 2626 WD external hard drive.. suddenly when i plug it in the laptop i can hear a little noise then no no sound at all.. and my laptop read it as Not intlized , and i couldn't use the recovery program because its shows 0 bytes ,, i thoguht it might be the PCB .. iif true is it replaceble or fixable

Ralston18

Titan
Is the data on the external drive backed up in other locations away from the Passport drive and the laptop?

Anything that is done could cause loss of data.

The WD Passport External drive is strictly host USB port powered via the laptop - correct?

Try plugging the Passport into another known working computer (laptop or desktop) or plug in via an independently powered USB hub.

Proprietary USB cable. If possible try to swap in the USB cable from another known working Passport.

How old is the Passport? Capacity, how full?

Apr 4, 2022
Is the data on the external drive backed up in other locations away from the Passport drive and the laptop?

Anything that is done could cause loss of data.

The WD Passport External drive is strictly host USB port powered via the laptop - correct?

Try plugging the Passport into another known working computer (laptop or desktop) or plug in via an independently powered USB hub.

Proprietary USB cable. If possible try to swap in the USB cable from another known working Passport.

How old is the Passport? Capacity, how full?
i tried all of this i mean changing cables and ports.. its 1 tb hdd .. size of data like 100 gb maybe more or less...

The problem is ..i don't think its spining at all like it make little noise when i plug it in then nothing and it doesn't heat up either.. i asked one of friends said you need something like pcb 3 port or something but it will cost a lot of money

and no i didn't backed up the data and i don't wanna lose it actually

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS