[SOLVED] DEAD Intel i7 3770 CPU?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jaybarillo

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Hi guys good day to all, I want some help regarding about my problem.

So yesterday i tried booting up my pc to use it, but it didn't past the windows 10 logo.

So i tried re-seating everything (ram, cpu, gpu,hdd tried another psu, ) but its still the same.

I can get into bios, but when i was about to get into windows 10 logo my pc restart.

It just shows the windows 10 logo with preparing automatic repair text at the bottom for a second then it shut down.

I try to use my usb with a windows 10 media creation tool but it just did the same.I try my cpu to my colleague's motherboard and it show the same issue?

Could it be my cpu's dead?But i can still get into bios and see its temperature to know that it is not overheating.

specs, cpu: i7 3770

motherboard:h61mxe-k

ram:8gb ddr3 1333

gpu:rx570

psu:600w superflower

Realy appreciate some replies.

Last edited:
Solution
I would likely assume a dead CPU. Could toss it, or make a cool keychain. No point in selling a dead CPU, although someone may buy it if the price is small enough.
Can't you just share any ideas you got, that we may not know to help fix it?
Nothing different than what has already been suggested really--try it in another system that is currently working. I know my 3770k works and the exact setup under which it works and I've dealt with marginal cpus before that have had some sort of issue, so I have a hunch it's not bad or I can save it.

One thing I would look at that I have seen before is check the corners of the cpu to see if they are bent. I've seen this on an i3-2120 that was acting funny (very similar scenario to yours), and one of the corners was bent upwards. I don't think the chip is completely bad, but it would do a boot loop after getting past the bios. And later would power off 2 seconds after power on--the fans would barely get up to speed. :( I ended up replacing it with an i5-2500k.

jaybarillo

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Nothing different than what has already been suggested really--try it in another system that is currently working. I know my 3770k works and the exact setup under which it works and I've dealt with marginal cpus before that have had some sort of issue, so I have a hunch it's not bad or I can save it.

One thing I would look at that I have seen before is check the corners of the cpu to see if they are bent. I've seen this on an i3-2120 that was acting funny (very similar scenario to yours), and one of the corners was bent upwards. I don't think the chip is completely bad, but it would do a boot loop after getting past the bios. And later would power off 2 seconds after power on--the fans would barely get up to speed. :( I ended up replacing it with an i5-2500k.
Upon looking on the i7 3770, I see no bent corner.

But my old (not working) g630 has some bent on its upper right corner.

TRENDING THREADS