Question Dead M.2 SSD after splitting partitions

Oct 22, 2022
so i just bought a new Vostro 3400 with a M.2 SSD (256 GB), i tried to split it into 2 and somehow it requires a reboot, after the reboot it just stuck at Dell's logo and here's the thing:
  • After I remove the SSD and instead add a HDD and install Windows, it worked perfectly
  • After the HDD Windows installation, if i try putting the SSD in it'll just frozen, it won't let me in the BIOS either.
So is the SSD dead? If so how do i restore it? I have some documents i just saved there earlier and i'll at hell if i lose them. Please help!

Oct 22, 2022
  • EaseUS Partition Master
  • I tried to split the boot disk C: into half to create a some kind of a bitlocker partition to store some private files.
  • Samsung

What model Samsung M.2 drive? They have loads of different models.

I guess, you did something wrong with Partition Master or ignored some warning or got some error or something.

Anyway - make sure sata controller is set to AHCI mode in BIOS.
And yes - you'll probably have to use external nvme to usb adapter to access your M.2 drive or
you may try to connect it to a desktop pc.

A1DSS211118Ci6pJ.jpg

https://www.newegg.com/orico-tcm2-c3-bk-bp-enclosure/p/0VN-0003-001D8?Item=9SIA1DS93D6843

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, I think the only really good chance of a happy ending is getting to read this on the PC in an enclosure, so I would do that before attempting anything else. Especially because anything else also has the additional risk of causing an even larger problem that would render reading the drive from an enclosure a more difficul task.

Whether this is a hard lesson or an easy one, I hope you use this as motivation to improve your data practices. All crucial data should be backed all the time, ideally in multiple places. That you mucked around with the partitions while having unprotected files is a very troubling practice!

Reactions: Oasis Curator
That's a very blurry photo.
Basically to understand, what form factor it is, you have to be able to count number of pins on it.

It could be NVME M.2 drive. But without a better photo can't be sure.

my house don't have any pc that contains a NVMe slot. what adapter should i get?
If it indeed is NVME M.2 drive, then
get either M.2 to USB adapter show in post #8 or​
get PCIE M.2 adapter (your desktop pc will need free PCIE x4 ot PCIE x16 slot for the adapter).​

2821358-l-b.jpg