Jan 23, 2021
I have a custom built pc (built on 9jan) with the following specs:

Ryzen 3600
Asus TUF Gtx 1050
SanDisk x400 SSD
16gb corsair ram
Msi b550 a pro
Masterwatt 550w

Since it was built, I had random bsods with the video scheduler internal error while I attempt to do basic tasks such as watching YouTube. (Also had some watchdog.sys error)

Today, I attempted to reseat everything, which incudes the ssd. After which, my mobo was unable to detect my ssd.
I have tried the following:
  1. power cycle the ssd
  2. reset the cmos
  3. reflashed the mobo
  4. tried using the other m2 slot
  5. tried with another usable ssd (mobo could still not detect anything in either m2 slots)
  6. connected to a sata had (mobo could detect this but not m2)

All the above did not work.

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Solution
Unfortunately, it doesn't boot into windows error recovery. Just goes straight to the bios.

I have tried using my original ssd in both slots, using another ssd in both slots, and using 2 ssds for each slot.

I also have an old SATA drive which seemed to work. Strange that the m2 slots died when one of them was at least working before.

In the meantime, I think I might have to get an m2 to SATA adapter
Yes, an M.2 Adapter card would be the best bet IF that SATA drive works with your current mobo. Maybe you killed one slot accidently and the other one was pre-dead or ..
Jan 23, 2021
This sounds like a bad ssd issue, but I guess it could be a problem with the m2 slot.

If you have access to yet another ssd try that.
Yes, have tried with another ssd but didn't work. I have 2 m2 slots and both couldn't work. It was strangely working before I reseated the ssd though. Could something have happened during then and bricked the slots?

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Most likely the Motherboard. Does the pc boot into windows error recovery? If so we can try using Disk part in command prompt to scan for your SSD's. Open command prompt in Error recovery and type "Diskpart" after Diskpart loads type "List disk" After your disks load you should have one or two, but this may variey. If your Nvme drive shows up then cool, if not then type "rescan" then type "List disk", if your disk hasnt showed up after all this then try putting the other drive in the other slot along with your original one and repeat the process. This means you should have both drives in the pc and have run the diskpart process I said Before. If non of your drives show up then its 99% a issue with the Slots/mb. If they show up then I'm not sure what to do, find out which one is working and try your original drive in the slot we just analized as working. Try using a SATA drive if you have one, if it works with that then you killed your Nvme slots, but both of them? Did you try one drive in both slots then the other drive in both slots?

Jan 23, 2021
Most likely the Motherboard. Does the pc boot into windows error recovery? If so we can try using Disk part in command prompt to scan for your SSD's. Open command prompt in Error recovery and type "Diskpart" after Diskpart loads type "List disk" After your disks load you should have one or two, but this may variey. If your Nvme drive shows up then cool, if not then type "rescan" then type "List disk", if your disk hasnt showed up after all this then try putting the other drive in the other slot along with your original one and repeat the process. This means you should have both drives in the pc and have run the diskpart process I said Before. If non of your drives show up then its 99% a issue with the Slots/mb. If they show up then I'm not sure what to do, find out which one is working and try your original drive in the slot we just analized as working. Try using a SATA drive if you have one, if it works with that then you killed your Nvme slots, but both of them? Did you try one drive in both slots then the other drive in both slots?
Unfortunately, it doesn't boot into windows error recovery. Just goes straight to the bios.

I have tried using my original ssd in both slots, using another ssd in both slots, and using 2 ssds for each slot.

I also have an old SATA drive which seemed to work. Strange that the m2 slots died when one of them was at least working before.

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020

Yes, an M.2 Adapter card would be the best bet IF that SATA drive works with your current mobo. Maybe you killed one slot accidently and the other one was pre-dead or ..

Solution