Question Dead Motherboard? Computer help [fixed]

bencomputerhelp

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
i5-4460 upgraded to i7-4790
asrock h97m-itx motherboard
16gb crucial ballistix 1866mhz memory (I run it at 1600mhz)
evga 500w 80+ psu
rx 580 8gb

I was upgrading my CPU today with a CPU that was confirmed to work, it was showed to me working, then I took it home. I did the standard, turn pc off, turn off psu, unpug psu, press power button. then I took all power cables, gpu and connectors off mobo, took mobo out of case, I had to take the RAM out to replace cpu because bigger cooler for i7-4790. then I put the new cpu in with its cooler. I reset the CMOS because new cpu, plugged back in RAM, ssd, and all other connectors. Booted computer, fans spin, case LED came on, but it never posted to the monitor. I took all the steps to power down the computer and tried booting with just 1 stick of ram, cpu with cooler, and the 24pin and cpu power plugged in but that didn't work. I tried almost everything I could think of, even putting in my old cpu and nothing worked to bring it back. Yes, after the first time when it didnt boot I just used the display port on the mobo. Could the cpu's have been killed in any way, Do you think my motherboard died along the way somewhere? I touched a ground every time my foot moved, even a little bit, but after hours of testing, that is the only thing I can think of what would be wrong since I know all of the parts worked before I did this. I just wanted other opinions before I went out to buy another mobo.

bencomputerhelp

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
Hi bencomputerhelp.

Using the mobo graphics port worked or not?

"it was showed to me working"

How? Did they show you the CPU working on another motherboard or did you saw it work with your motherboard?
It doesn't post to the monitor at all, with the graphics card or with the motherboard connectors.
The CPU was working on a different motherboard. It is an i7-4790 and it is compatible with my motherboard. The problem is that even when I try my old cpu is doesn't work either.

bencomputerhelp

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
I'm glad you found the issue! It's working now?
Yeah, I replaced the motherboard, I got one for free from the dude that sold me the CPU, and it has a bent pin on the motherboard, but I checked and it was just for a ram slot, so I only have single channel, some time when I have more time I will fix the pin so I can run dual channel.