Question Dead motherboard most likely?

Dec 10, 2019
Hello,

I recently had an issue with either my tension stabilizer or my PSU, im not sure which, the thing is that suddenly i heard a "boom" and saw a sparks coming out of the general location of the PSU, of course the PC shut down immediately, and noticed my tension stabilizer was also dead.

So the next day, thinking the PSU was fried went to buy a new one (Thermaltake 750w) and installed it, after putting everything back together i notice upon plugin in the PC that the led indicator in the motherboards lits up, but when i press the power button nothing happens, no active fans, no beeping, no HD noise, nothing, just the motherboard led.

I tried removing all unnecessary stuff, and leaving only mandatory stuff for it to boot, but nothing. I thought the power buttom somehow might have broken and tried using a screwdriver to power it up but still nothing. The weird thing is (besides the led) that my keyboard lights also turn on.

I have no idea what caused the malfunction because my PC was the only thing affected in the whole house, but unless someone has another idea on what to try i guess i should consider it dead? Any advice?

Thanks!

Hello,

I recently had an issue with either my tension stabilizer or my PSU, im not sure which, the thing is that suddenly i heard a "boom" and saw a sparks coming out of the general location of the PSU, of course the PC shut down immediately, and noticed my tension stabilizer was also dead.

So the next day, thinking the PSU was fried went to buy a new one (Thermaltake 750w) and installed it, after putting everything back together i notice upon plugin in the PC that the led indicator in the motherboards lits up, but when i press the power button nothing happens, no active fans, no beeping, no HD noise, nothing, just the motherboard led.

I tried removing all unnecessary stuff, and leaving only mandatory stuff for it to boot, but nothing. I thought the power buttom somehow might have broken and tried using a screwdriver to power it up but still nothing. The weird thing is (besides the led) that my keyboard lights also turn on.

I have no idea what caused the malfunction because my PC was the only thing affected in the whole house, but unless someone has another idea on what to try i guess i should consider it dead? Any advice?

Thanks!
It's quite possible that PSU explosion took part of MB out too, most probably VRM.

Dec 10, 2019
Well i have an update.

The motherboard survived, so thats good, It was actually my fault, this new PSU is new and apparently the 24 pins cable that goes to the motherboard has an extra mmmm connector? that also has to be plugged to the PSU, so after doing that it booted normally.

Thanks everyone still.

Reactions: Aldo Ramdani

Aldo Ramdani

Commendable
Dec 8, 2019
Well i have an update.

The motherboard survived, so thats good, It was actually my fault, this new PSU is new and apparently the 24 pins cable that goes to the motherboard has an extra mmmm connector? that also has to be plugged to the PSU, so after doing that it booted normally.

Thanks everyone still.
Glad to hear that.

TRENDING THREADS