Dead motherboard or gpu or have i just lost it!?

mattss5o

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Just transferred my cx500 into my current setup from my old setup.

i had a asus z97-pro "gamer"
i5 4670 (non-k) & CM212 plus cooler
gigabyte r9 270
gskill ripjaws X (2X4gb)
CM elite 550w psu

that was one system

my other which was just scraps was
asus h87m-e
pentium g3258 (stock cooler, no OC at the moment)
corsair xms 8gb ram
corsair cx500

cleaned my case and swapped the psu, don't recall damaging anything and i did ground myself.

Issue is when i started the system up the i5, now with the cx500, all the motherboard lights go up, all fans and hard drives work (including gpu fans) but no post.... first few atimes it starts then dies then starts and stays on. for which i shut off because no post.

i have tried putting the gpu in the other system and also no post. tried booting without gpu, just onboard graphics and no post...

have i just killed multiple components???

*update:
H87m-e is working with the gpu installed and i5. now putting the pentium in the z97.

mattss5o

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
yes reseated the gpu, removed my nic all together and the 8 pin is connected in both test systems

**UPDATE 2: when i reseated everything it worked, after clearing cmos, just in case. now i booted into my computer everything is good. i did a normal shutdown and then plugged in my other hard drives. No post. unplugged other hard drives. still no post, thinking of going back to the old power supply. i don't think the cx500 can handle that amount of hard drives with all the other components i am running.

Advice?

mattss5o

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

yes reseated the gpu, removed my nic all together and the 8 pin is connected in both test systems

**UPDATE 2: when i reseated everything it worked, after clearing cmos, just in case. now i booted into my computer everything is good. i did a normal shutdown and then plugged in my other hard drives. No post. unplugged other hard drives. still no post, thinking of going back to the old power supply. i don't think the cx500 can handle that amount of hard drives with all the other components i am running.

Advice?

Latest posts