Question Dead Motherboard

Nikez1919

Commendable
Aug 4, 2017
So recently i moved my old prebuilt hp desktop pc into a new case with my upgraded components (gpu, psu, cpu cooler) and my system started acting weird after a few weeks of use. Pc was crashing, freezing, kept turning on and off, it came to the point where my pc wouldnt post. So i started troubleshooting and came to the conclusion that it is my motherboard as I connected my friends mb and everything worked fine, pc booted up first try.

My Specs:
i7-4770
16gb ram
rx 580 8gb
corsair tx 650m
ms-7826 kaili (dead mb)

So I was just looking for some opinions. Im wondering if it would be better to just buy a complete new mb, ram and cpu combo or would I just be better off getting a cheap lga1150 mb and be done with it for now? My prebuilt was bought in 2013 so these parts definitely are getting old but i still feel that the 4770 cpu still has a lot of life left for my needs. If so where could i grab an lga1150 mb? I was planning on upgrading in the future when i felt like the cpu was holding me back but unsure if i should buy a complete combo now. I use the pc for college work and gaming (pubg, apex legends, cs).

Thanks in advance.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
In my own hunt for a motherboard of that generation you run into limited and high priced choices, refurbs, and used.
Traditionally even older i7 have been selling pretty well. I am not sure what Ryzen (new) has done to this selling point but would likely research that, sell the CPU and use that money as the basis of a new build.

Nikez1919

Commendable
Aug 4, 2017
Hey, thanks for the reply. I will consider selling my cpu and just buying new but before I still want to consider an lga 1150 board as well. I dont want to overspend on a 1150 mb that will be probably used for a year or two so what board should I be looking for if I was to go and buy a 1150 mb and how much should I be looking to spend? Also could I squeeze in a 300 euro budget for a cpu mb and ram combo?