[SOLVED] dead motherboard?

Sep 29, 2020
Hello!

I have just installed a new motherboard and a cpu and 16 gb of ddr4 ram.

The problem is that when everything is connected and I go to turn it on, abosolutely nothing happens no lights or fans spinning.

The only time i've managed to get life out of it is when pushing the 24 pin connector into its slot about midway, my watercooler logo turns on and the fans spin for like 1/8 of a turn and the MOBO debug light turns white then its dead again. And this all lasts less than a second

The parts I got were

intel core i5 8400

msi h310 m2

2x8 gb ddr4 hyperX

Solution
Hello!

The problem is that when everything is connected and I go to turn it on, abosolutely nothing happens no lights or fans spinning.

The only time i've managed to get life out of it is when pushing the 24 pin connector into its slot about midway, my watercooler logo turns on and the fans spin for like 1/8 of a turn and the MOBO debug light turns white then its dead again. And this all lasts less than a second

The parts I got were

intel core i5 8400

msi h310 m2

2x8 gb ddr4 hyperX
Try breadboarding your pc with the stock cooler, and do you have new psu or from your old system...
Hello!

The parts I got were

intel core i5 8400

msi h310 m2

2x8 gb ddr4 hyperX
Try breadboarding your pc with the stock cooler, and do you have new psu or from your old system.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIDhAB&usg=AOvVaw2MIpU15GPxUC9vTU78YCqW

Solution