Dead or failing CPU?

Lima0-1

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Hi, lately my PC has been shutting down whenever I play games. Before shutting down my screen would turn green with lines and then shut down. If I were to start up immediately, there would be 2 vertical blue bars on the screen, and it would shut down again. After a few hours it would be fine but it happens again

But recently my PC can't even get to the windows log in screen, it would boot to the problem with windows screen with the options to repair it, but if I choose restart it won't even start and the monitor goes blank and the CPU Ez debug light on my moherboard lights up. I can go into BIOS but there are the 2 blue bars and I don't really knoe what to do in BIOS. I've re seated the CPU, RAM and GPU but nothing changes.

Could it be my CPU is failing or possibly already dead? Or is it my motherboard that is causing this issue? My build is less than a year old. My build is as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic
8GB Crucial 2400 DDR4 x2
Sapphire Radeon R9 280
Samsung 850EVO 500GB(boot and main drive)
WD Green 3TB(Media storage)
WD Blue 500GB(Media Storage)
FSP Hyper K 550W

An image of said bar is here: https://ibb.co/bypeNT

Unfortunately I couldn't get the screen before the forced shut down thing.

Lima0-1

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Hi guys, thanks for the reply. I never thought it would be the GPU because I thought if the GPU was the one that failed, only my display wouldn't show up properly and not force shut down my PC. I'll ask my friends and see if they're able to borrow me their GPU for me to try. Thanks :)

TRENDING THREADS