Dead or stuck pixel (new monitor BenQ xl2411z)

Pipeev

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
Like 10 days ago the monitor arrived at my home, I plugged in and all works normally.

The last Friday I see a little dark dot, so I decided to remove ir(I think that It was dirt) but nothing so I just see that it is inside of the monitor, I've been search about it, I find something about the stuck or dead pixel.

I've trying with software's but nothing.

But I got a question or is something curious.

When the screen is white the dot is like a purple or dark blue color, when the background is blue, it just disappear, with red,yellow and green is like a black color.

I don't know if its a dead pixel or stuck,I'm from a South America country(Colombia).

I've purchased the monitor by bhphotovideo.com).

Greetings, have a good day and sorry if my English is bad.

Solution
is a stuck pixel as a dead pixel would stay black always. a customer had 2 lines of stuck pixels on his monitor & he got rid of them by continuously running a stuck pixel program & massaging that area of the screen.

Pipeev

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

Right, im going to try again ride off the pixel.

TheGlow

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011

I just got an Acer and have some questions about dead pixels as well.
I have one when the screen is black it looks blue, and if its blue screen then pixel black. That one is clear to see.
Another is black screen but pixel is white. I dont see on any other color scheme. 3rd is close to the 2nd, same, its a slight whitening on black background, but only seen head on or a little to the left, And its on the left side.
1st can be seen clearly from a few inches away. The other 2 you can to pretty much kiss the screen to see them, not the same size as the other.

Sayainboy

Commendable
May 17, 2016
I have heard that darker pixels are harder to get rid of than brighter ones. If your stuck pixel is located right in the center of the screen you can try contacting bhphotovideo or BenQ to see if you can get a replacement.

TRENDING THREADS