Question Dead PC?

British_Gaming

Honorable
Mar 19, 2017
So I've owned this PC for 2 years now, I've switched out every component except from the case and the PSU, and that may be where the problem is. No previous problems with my PC at all (other than performance issues that just needed upgraded parts) until last Saturday. I went out for a few hours and returned to my power off (used all of it oof) so I bought more at the nearest convenience store and turned my PC on, however it will not turn on at all. I've unplugged all wires, tried another power cable and unplugged every PSU wire and replugged them. To no avail. I am purchasing a new PSU today, however i am worried that the motherboard may have fried and damaged other parts such as RAM and CPU. I have a green light on my motherboard and a white light on my GPU when plugged in, I've also jumped the power switch on the mobo to see if the power switch was damaged.

Pretty much wanna know if it's the PSU that's broken, and if not what parts are damaged and need replacements?

When you did the bench it on your PC, without the RAM, gtx1060, and the boot drive, use onboard iGPU, what happens? the PC will boot or not, keep in mind the pc will not boot into window, but you should get the display and the error messages.

If you will not get anything, that means the MB may have problem most of time like this.

British_Gaming

Honorable
Mar 19, 2017
When you did the bench it on your PC, without the RAM, gtx1060, and the boot drive, use onboard iGPU, what happens? the PC will boot or not, keep in mind the pc will not boot into window, but you should get the display and the error messages.

If you will not get anything, that means the MB may have problem most of time like this.
Nothing, at all.

TRENDING THREADS