Dec 21, 2020
System specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro (Rev.1.0)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: AMD R9 380 (Waiting for a RX 6800 XT)
RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 2x16Gb (32GB) DDR4 - 3200Mhz
PSU: Nox Hummer X750W 80 PLUS Gold Full Modular
CPU COOLER: CM Masterliquid ML240L V2

Context:
Never posted, all brand new except for the GPU and the extra RAM. The motherboard beeps always the same thing (unless I obviously remove the RAM or the CPU):
1 Long Beep - 2 Short Beeps, manual and online manual indicate "No Graphics Card" error, I was initially hoping maybe it was because the GPU is old, but that made no sense after searching for a couple of days around

Already did:
  • Swap RAM Slots and try other RAM also DDR4 and 3200Mhz (Nothing);
  • Reinstalled CPU (Nothing);
  • Try with no GPU and with a GPU (Same 1 Long Beep - 2 Short Beeps);
  • Swap PSU Cables for the GPU (Nothing);
  • Try other PSU (Nothing);
-Q Flash (Bios Flash Tool) detects the bios update, but doesn't use it for some reason even after trying multiple renames that appear online for the file, NFTS format, a tool to format into the old (Windows no longer does it) Fat 32. And yes it was a more recent version that came up a couple days later.

Question:
Sent a question to Gigabyte, but I'm hoping someone else here knows anything about this, or it really just is a faulty motherboard. Don't really dig going into the boring, slow costumer service, that may involve me spending more money sending the motherboard to places, and waste more money.

System specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro (Rev.1.0)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: AMD R9 380 (Waiting for a RX 6800 XT)
RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 2x16Gb (32GB) DDR4 - 3200Mhz
PSU: Nox Hummer X750W 80 PLUS Gold Full Modular
CPU COOLER: CM Masterliquid ML240L V2

Context:
Never posted, all brand new except for the GPU and the extra RAM. The motherboard beeps always the same thing (unless I obviously remove the RAM or the CPU):
1 Long Beep - 2 Short Beeps, manual and online manual indicate "No Graphics Card" error, I was initially hoping maybe it was because the GPU is old, but that made no sense after searching for a couple of days around

Already did:
  • Swap RAM Slots and try other RAM also DDR4 and 3200Mhz (Nothing);
  • Reinstalled CPU (Nothing);
  • Try with no GPU and with a GPU (Same 1 Long Beep - 2 Short Beeps);
  • Swap PSU Cables for the GPU (Nothing);
  • Try other PSU (Nothing);
-Q Flash (Bios Flash Tool) detects the bios update, but doesn't use it for some reason even after trying multiple renames that appear online for the file, NFTS format, a tool to format into the old (Windows no longer does it) Fat 32. And yes it was a more recent version that came up a couple days later.

Question:
Sent a question to Gigabyte, but I'm hoping someone else here knows anything about this, or it really just is a faulty motherboard. Don't really dig going into the boring, slow costumer service, that may involve me spending more money sending the motherboard to places, and waste more money.
Fat32 is a must for USB and BIOS update, windows 10 can do it, who told you that they can't ?
Also check MB manual, some require USB to be in certain ports and to be USB2 to work for BIOS flash.

Dec 21, 2020
Already did all that, this board has a specific port for the BIOS flash, which also didn't work.

Edit: My Windows can only do exFat hence why I got the tool to do specifically Fat32 not knowing the diffences

Last edited: