Dead pixels in monitors

BMF96

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012
I am interested in getting one of the 2560x1440 27 inch korean monitors. Basically, the non-pixel-perfect ones are $300 and the pixel-perect ones are about $370. I am trying to decide whether it matters to me or not. I'd like to hear from people that have had these monitors with dead pixels. How many do you have and does it bother you? Can you only see it sometimes or is it always visible? I am going to do a lot of gaming on it and I heard you can't really see it then (but I am also going to be browsing). Another thing; light bleeding. Is this common and what does it look like? Is it very annoying?

Dead pixels are hit or miss, some are off all the time some are on all the time, location and placement is also random. Light bleeding is common in cheaper monitors, it's just a brighter area around the edges. All our questions though depend on the monitor you actually get, if someone else has one dead pixel to the edge that's dark, it's not a big issue, if you happen to get 3 dead bright pixels in the middle, it's annoying.

Most dead pixels really only can be seen in all dark or all light areas, if it's only a couple spread out, will not bother most people.