Question Dead R9 390?

Jul 22, 2019
So I've got a Powercolor r9 390 that I've been using for the past almost 3 years. Saturday without warning I had a random crash while on FB and rebooted back into windows no problem. About 30 min later another crash and since then this card will not boot past the windows splash screen, it just goes dark. I borrows my bro in laws 390, exact same card as mine, and plugged it right in and away we went. Tried mine again, even switched bios, and nada. I can get into safe mode with mine, watch 4k videos, game as much as you can in safe mode, etc. The card showed absolutely no signs of failure it just refuses to boot past the splash screen now. I've already wiped the drivers, hell I wiped my whole SSD because initially I thought it was a corrupt install because it wouldn't repair. Two of the exact same card, one works, one doesn't makes it pretty clear the card is dead but I wanted to post on here and see what everyone thought.

Jul 22, 2019
No go for the bios :/ I've just never seen a GPU die so suddenly with no warning at all. I played AC Odyssey for some time the day before. Never saw any artifacts. I haven't had an crashes or driver crash warnings. Nothing.... Thankfully my Bro in law just upgraded to a 1080 and had this laying around. Said he's sell it to me for $100 so that's a pretty good deal.