Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
Specs:
AMD Athlon 2 X4 2.9
4GB DDr2 ram ( 900MHZ)
ATI 5770 XFX edition (not black) OC to 1350mhz and 850mhz
Windows 7 64 Bit (Home edition)
Power Up! 550watt psu.

What is weird is on MW2 I get 90FPS and I heard that's demanding, I play on a 1680 x 1050 and get horrible FPS like 15 when on 1024 x 768 I get 60FPS. I know it's not the PC because I get 90 fps on 1680x 1050 on Black Ops and MW2 with no shadows and 60 with shadows. Is it that Dead Rising 2 was poorly ported for the PC? I have heard this. But my main concern is I know for a fact 15fps is very low for my system, it's pretty decent (yes it's like 2-3 years old) but it should be able to handle this game with 30fps at least. I play Left 4 Dead 2 on max at like 60 fps or even 120fps. I also play PCSX2 with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and get 60FPS with 3x anti antilising.

I've tried everything I can do with my techincal abalities, still nothing and I'm a regular rank so I wonder is my PC to weak or is it the game of how it was ported.

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

It's not bottlenecked, people on youtube play on 4670 with dual core processors at 60fps with a high res.

Which dual core processors? i3-2120s? It matters who makes the cores.

Are those people using 4670s using DDR2 RAM and motherboards?

Do they have the same PSUs?

The video card isn't the only thing that would bottleneck the game, maybe not even the most likely thing to bottleneck it.

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
I even get horrible FPS on lowest settings like 5 more frames. People with 4670 and get 40-50fps. I'm thinking it's that they ported it badly, the 5770 is a good card and should run the game very well.

If people with 4670s are getting 40-50 FPS with no spikes, I would doubly much think it was your computer.

Bad port the way I usually hear of it makes all computers play the game worse, not the best computers play it badly and the worst ones play it well.

Maybe you are using DX11 and the people with 4670s are using DX10.

If anything, that is the thing that I would be looking at in terms of bad ports.

aren't the COD games still DX9 ? and being so they may be demanding on the top end of DX9 but nowhere's near what DX10/11 will do to your system. The other game-DX10/11 ? if so more demanding.

Having said something about changing resolution....... going from 16x10 to 10x7 will/should change the refresh rate. if the refresh rate doesn't change when you switch you will experience problems as described.

You processor is NOT exactly top notch but your video card is NOT what I would consider a good one for playing at 1600 res. The architecture is all wrong and the 1gig of vram will cause offloading the the HD...... while I'm thinking of it check your virtual ram.

You need to make game setting corrections to get smooth game play.

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

I can't afford new parts, 20fps at low settings SUCKS, you obviously don't understand that the ati 5770 is probably the best 100$ card to buy on the market. Also I change the resolution even lower and get the same results. It's obviously a bad port.

EDIT: I'm only 13 years old is why I can't afford them.

You seem to be pretty convinced it is a bad port.

Lets say for the sake of argument that it really is a bad port.

What do you want from us, then?

Also, why would you think a lower processor speed would not have an impact when hundreds of different entities are being tracked and why would you think that different versions of direct X would run at equal speed?

I do agree that the 5770 is one of the better video cards that can be bought for $100, by the way. I often suggest 6770s myself for low budget builds because of their good value, but that isn't really what we are talking about at the moment.

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
My CPU at 3.1 still gets bad fps. People with by far rigs better than me have low frames, they run on dual cores with 560 and get bad like 30fps. I think because of direct or the port is just doo doo.

If you are convinced that it is a bad port then none of us can really help you.

What is it that is bringing you back here if you believe this?

I am here to help you squeeze out more FPS. If you don't think there is any more FPS to be had because of bad programming or whatever then I don't really understand how I am supposed to be helping you at this moment.

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

No, the guy said it was when I was looking for a video card that was 3 years ago and now I don't believe it. But if I play PCSX2 which is very demanding then I'm sure it's a port problem.

TechnoBowl

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010

I'm going to stop you right there.

NEVER LISTEN TO BEST BUY.

If they say the sky is blue, double check.
If they say 2+2=4 then they are lying.

Always come to TH for advice. They hardly support PCs let alone PC gaming anymore.