Dead Rising 4 R9 380 i5 6600k PC (weird stuttering)

Ing17

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Hi I'm actually enjoying DR4 regardless of the reception. However I've been having weird issues with the game. Essentially it will stutter very badly during the first 10 minutes of the game after I start it up. This means no matter how far I am at the game the stutter will always occur during that first 10 minutes of gameplay. After that it seems normal with occasional stutter. I have tried everything lowering down the resolution using DXpory to limit the FPS nothing seems to work. The only option left is to set the priority to high via the task manager. However I'm not sure how safe that would be and how damaging that would be to my CPU need some info on this. FYI my cpu is a non-overclocked i5 6600k I know DR4 is highly CPU based but I think mine is more than capable of running relatively smoothly.

caledbwlch

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Are you using a hard drive or solid state drive (SSD)? Also, how much memory does your system have? It sounds suspiciously like disk caching due to insufficient memory, background tasks, or slow loading due to an older HDD.

Ing17

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014

Thank you the prompt reply. I installed it on a HDD, just built my PC last year. Could be the RAM though my RAM is 12 GB. I can uninstall it and install on my OS drive which is an SSD if that's the case anyway of checking?

UPDATE: Uninstalled it and reinstalled it on the SSD still not solved.