Question Dead seasonic...

Came12on

Commendable
Apr 17, 2020
I keep hearing how good Seasonic psu's are on here... well I bought one (Seasonic Focus PX 550) and it lasted 3 months, died, and now none of my case fans are spinning so it's probably killed some components too. My corsair vs550 lasted a few years without issue.

Don't believe everything you read.

RealBeast

Titan
I keep hearing how good Seasonic psu's are on here... well I bought one (Seasonic Focus PX 550) and it lasted 3 months, died, and now none of my case fans are spinning so it's probably killed some components too. My corsair vs550 lasted a few years without issue.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, I'm running 9 machines off various Seasonic models (most well over 5 years) with no problems. Nothing is perfect.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Hey there,

Well, 1 failure (for you) is not necessarily indicative of a brand, or of all or even any products. With most things, you have a failure rate, and this can be applied to all pieces of hardware. Typically those failure rates are very low, like 0.0001 of a given product line (this is just an example).

Yes, you've had some bad luck with yours, but luckily it should still be covered for RMA. Maybe the replacement will work as you expect.

Seasonic often make great PSUs. They've had one or two that haven't been up to scratch for sure, but for the most part they are an excellent company offering strong components.

Although your VS may have been lucky enough to last in a some kind of rig, it's is of poor quality, and is only suitable for office machines. Never in a gaming machine.

As for the other brands, it's very much the same. Some are better than others. The good ones can make great PSUs and some not so good. Research is key, and knowing why you want the specific PSU for your build.

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
A deja vu to me. While ago there were a group of people here who were deliberately claiming Corsair PSUs were all perfect then everything else was all questionable... including Seasonic or SuperFlower etc. I believe they got kicked out of this forum