Discussion "DEAD SPACE" 1 Remake gets an official release date, & a gameplay trailer. Launches on January 27th 2023.

Hello PC gamers,

The original DEAD SPACE 1 game is coming back with a remake. It appears that Dead Space 1 will be recreated from the ground up using the Frostbite game engine.

Today, EA's Motive Studio revealed the release date of their upcoming Dead Space remake and showcased a new gameplay for recreated sci-fi survival horror title. Dead Space's remake will be coming to PC, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PlayStation 5 on January 27th 2023.

Motive have confirmed that the game has been "rebuilt from the ground up" using EA's Frostbite game engine. Through this process, Motive's aim has been to preserve the vision of Visceral' s original Dead Space game, while uplifting the title with "enhanced audio, [and] harrowing visuals that have been carefully re imagined to evoke a new level of immersion and quality."

Below is some newly released gameplay for Dead Space, showcasing the USG Ishimura's engine room. This scene showcases Dead Space's dark atmosphere and many of the new effects that have been added to the game's remake. EA and Motive have confirmed that Dead Space's upcoming remake will not be coming for last-generation consoles. The game will only be coming to PC, Xbox Series X/S, and PlayStation 5, leaving behind the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

I really enjoyed playing Dead Space 1. This was the best game in this franchise, and it was more chilling with a creepy atmosphere and distorted Enemies ! Can't wait to see how EA makes this remake though. It's still a far cry, and it would have been better if they used Unreal or some other game engine. IMO.

Anyways, watch this video. The team at Motive showcased an early look at how the remake visually evolves and updates the original with in-game props, tools, environments and more being reconstructed to a level of polish and details fit for the next generation of hardware and PCs.

Moreover, by combining enhancements like dynamic, volumetric lighting with atmospheric and environmental VFX rendered in full-HDR, Dead Space allows players to confront the frighteningly tight corridors and shadowed hallways of the USG Ishimura with unprecedented levels of immersion for the beloved franchise.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HImLnJ6nrfE&t=20s&ab_channel=DeadSpace

NEWS SOURCE:

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/pr...yStation-5-Xbox-Series-XS-and-PC/default.aspx

“Developing this remake has been a lot of fun for us at Motive, as we’re true fans of the franchise and want to treat it with the respect it deserves. It’s been equally exciting to see players' reactions as we’re taking them on this development journey with us,” said Phillippe Ducharme, Senior Producer of Dead Space. “We’re making great progress on our road to hitting Alpha and we’re happy to announce that the game will be launching in January next year. We can’t wait for players, both old and new, to see how we've elevated the original experience in the remake to be just as impactful for this generation.”

Last edited:
Hello PC gamers,

The original DEAD SPACE 1 game is coming back with a remake. It appears that Dead Space 1 will be recreated from the ground up using the Frostbite game engine.

Today, EA's Motive Studio revealed the release date of their upcoming Dead Space remake and showcased a new gameplay for recreated sci-fi survival horror title. Dead Space's remake will be coming to PC, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PlayStation 5 on January 27th 2023.

Motive have confirmed that the game has been "rebuilt from the ground up" using EA's Frostbite game engine. Through this process, Motive's aim has been to preserve the vision of Visceral' s original Dead Space game, while uplifting the title with "enhanced audio, [and] harrowing visuals that have been carefully re imagined to evoke a new level of immersion and quality."

Below is some newly released gameplay for Dead Space, showcasing the USG Ishimura's engine room. This scene showcases Dead Space's dark atmosphere and many of the new effects that have been added to the game's remake. EA and Motive have confirmed that Dead Space's upcoming remake will not be coming for last-generation consoles. The game will only be coming to PC, Xbox Series X/S, and PlayStation 5, leaving behind the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

I really enjoyed playing Dead Space 1. This was the best game in this franchise, and it was more chilling with a creepy atmosphere and distorted Enemies ! Can't wait to see how EA makes this remake though. It's still a far cry, and it would have been better if they used Unreal or some other game engine. IMO.

Anyways, watch this video. The team at Motive showcased an early look at how the remake visually evolves and updates the original with in-game props, tools, environments and more being reconstructed to a level of polish and details fit for the next generation of hardware and PCs.

Moreover, by combining enhancements like dynamic, volumetric lighting with atmospheric and environmental VFX rendered in full-HDR, Dead Space allows players to confront the frighteningly tight corridors and shadowed hallways of the USG Ishimura with unprecedented levels of immersion for the beloved franchise.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HImLnJ6nrfE&t=20s&ab_channel=DeadSpace

NEWS SOURCE:

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/pr...yStation-5-Xbox-Series-XS-and-PC/default.aspx

“Developing this remake has been a lot of fun for us at Motive, as we’re true fans of the franchise and want to treat it with the respect it deserves. It’s been equally exciting to see players' reactions as we’re taking them on this development journey with us,” said Phillippe Ducharme, Senior Producer of Dead Space. “We’re making great progress on our road to hitting Alpha and we’re happy to announce that the game will be launching in January next year. We can’t wait for players, both old and new, to see how we've elevated the original experience in the remake to be just as impactful for this generation.”
I like how you list PC first instead of last like they usually do. (y)

I'm surprised they're already mentioning a release date, given how laborious and time consuming it can be to work with Frostbite. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back though. I suppose eventually they'll show some more enemy encounters, maybe sometime this summer during the slow months for game releases.

Yeah the first game is always thought of as the one with the most atmosphere and jump scares, but I prefer the 2nd and 3rd, because the graphics were better, mouse support was far better, they were more challenging to play, the Zero G had free movement, and the weapon crafting was very nice.

The first one could easily be beaten with just an upgraded Plasma Cutter, so there was less decision making, which means less mental worries, and a feeling of less peril. You felt kinda overpowered in the first one. The 2nd one by comparison was scarier I think, because there were moments when the lights went out and it was hard to tell where enemies were coming from. Even in Dead Space 3, the dungeons were very spooky, especially the rooms at the end where you had to fight off waves of enemies.

That said, I'll always remember the chills I got in the original game when you encounter the Leapers for the first time. My heart would always race at that part. I think what was probably best about the first game is it paced itself well. There were many moments of silence, where you could only hear Isaac's breath and heartbeat, then all hell broke loose. That kind of suspense is essential to the feeling of horror.

Last edited:
I like how you list PC first instead of last like they usually do. (y)

I'm surprised they're already mentioning a release date, given how laborious and time consuming it can be to work with Frostbite. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back though. I suppose eventually they'll show some more enemy encounters, maybe sometime this summer during the slow months for game releases.

Yeah the first game is always thought of as the one with the most atmosphere and jump scares, but I prefer the 2nd and 3rd, because the graphics were better, mouse support was far better, they were more challenging to play, the Zero G had free movement, and the weapon crafting was very nice.

The first one could easily be beaten with just an upgraded Plasma Cutter, so there was less decision making, which means less mental worries, and a feeling of less peril. You felt kinda overpowered in the first one. The 2nd one by comparison was scarier I think, because there were moments when the lights went out and it was hard to tell where enemies were coming from. Even in Dead Space 3, the dungeons were very spooky, especially the rooms at the end where you had to fight off waves of enemies.

That said, I'll always remember the chills I got in the original game when you encounter the Leapers for the first time. My heart would always race at that part. I think what was probably best about the first game is it paced itself well. There were many moments of silence, where you could only hear Isaac's breath and heartbeat, then all hell broke loose. That kind of suspense is essential to the feeling of horror.

Hey, thanks for the compliment. I have always given priority to PC when it comes to gaming. Never owned any console in my life, in fact PC has been my best friend since the day I started gaming, after leaving my band in the middle though, lol. But on a serious note, PC platform is indeed superior than consoles.

The game can indeed be pushed back as well, but there is still a lot of time, and it depends on how the work is going into the game's development process. Btw, DEAD SPACE 2 is also pretty good, and obviously more polished, like the mouse support you mentioned, among other things. DS 2 is also scary, but I don't know whether it's just me, but I found the first one more creepy.

It could be also because of the game's level design/map of DS1 ? I haven't played DS3 yet, so I can't comment on this title. But both 1 and 2 were spine chilling horror gaming experiences. The weapon crafting in DS2 is definitely superior than DS 1. DS1 was a bit easy to beat unlike DS2 though (since I'm a casual gamer).

Shall I try playing DEAD SPACE 3 as well ? I will wait for STEAM's summer sale though. Is the game too difficult to beat ? I have read people complain on some of the forums, that DS3 was more challenging than the previous entries. It appears that the game just send waves of necromorphs to the player !

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the compliment. I have always given priority to PC when it comes to gaming. Never owned any console in my life, in fact PC has been my best friend since the day I started gaming, after leaving my band in the middle though, lol. But on a serious note PC platform is indeed superior than consoles.

The game can indeed be pushed back as well, but there is still a lot of time, and it depends on how the work is going into the game's development process. Btw, DEAD SPACE 2 is also pretty good, and obviously more polished, like the mouse support you mentioned, among other things. DS 2 is also scary, but I don't know whether it's just me, but I found the first one more creepy.

It could be also because of the game's level design/map of DS1, apart from the game being a bit easy to beat unlike DS2 (since I'm a casual gamer) ? I haven't played DS3 yet, so I can't comment on this title. But both 1 and 2 were spine chilling horror gaming experiences. The weapon crafting in DS2 is definitely superior than DS 1.

Shall I try playing DEAD SPACE 3 as well ? I will wait for STEAM's summer sale though. Is the game too difficult to beat ? I have read perople complain on some of the forums, that DS3 was more challenging than the previous entries. It appears that the game just send waves of necromorphs to the player !
Nice to see someone other than myself is an only ever on PC player. I didn't know you were in a band though, what instrument and type of music? That's a brutal industry to be successful in, and so many pitfalls to avoid.

Yeah it could be pushed back, but it's also a bit encouraging that despite having forged on a fair bit with Frostbite, they're giving a specific release date. That could be a sign they have some Frostbite experts on hand, as they should, since EA owns DICE, whom built Frostbite. Yeah the first one might be a bit scarier on first playthrough, but mostly due to jump scares. The others are scarier combat wise, so it depends on difficulty mode and how well you do the weapon crafting.

Definitely give Dead Space 3 a try. It was bashed mostly for it's faster pace and waves of enemies here and there, and also some of the dialog (maybe 10%) is trashy love triangle stuff. Even if you're good at weapon crafting, which is more elaborate in 3 than 2, you need to get to know where you'll encounter rushes of enemies and how to deal with them. There's a spot for instance shortly after you get to the planet where you have the option to sneak past Feeders, which is not that easy to do. I find it's easier to retreat to the previous room and just pop them in the head as they drop down from the vent though, plus you get tons of loot from them.

To be honest, I didn't think I was going to like 3 at first, because the weapon crafting was a lot more complex, and I worried I wouldn't get the hang of it. After a bit of experimenting in the Weapon Crafting Arena though, a cool feature 3 has, I quickly figured out what weapons I wanted and how to craft them. And what even some avid players of DS3 don't know is collecting artifacts matters a ton, because once you get all of them, the best weapon upgrade circuits are unlocked. Once you get those, you're practically unstoppable.

That said, there is still the fact that good weapon upgrade parts need to be scavenged for and found, some involving killing or evading enemies while doing so. The most memorable one for me being the part that allows you to make a Chain Gun, which is behind a panel you remove on part of a derelict ship you have to fly to in Zero G, and there are mines that fly toward you to avoid or shoot, and there are dart shooting Lurkers as well. There's also a part called the Electrocution Module that can be found in level 9 shortly after getting to the planet, which turns the Plasma Cutter into a powerful weapon that chain electrocutes numerous enemies at once. You have to know how to craft the Plasma Cutter into a Rivet Gun first though, then apply it. It's funny that for a while, I couldn't use it because I couldn't figure out how to craft it, but once I did, I almost got bored because it was too easy to kill waves of enemies, so I don't use it anymore.

There are also valuable caches here and there to collect good stuff just before going to the planet, so I highly recommend getting them before heading to the planet. Whether you do the dungeons is up to you. They're definitely the most difficult parts, but they also yield the best rewards, like those high grade circuits. I know the game pretty well though, so if you need help scavenging, crafting, or even how to take on enemies, I can give you good advice. The good news is, of the 7 optional side missions (Dungeons), you really only need do Supply Depot and Disposal Services (the latter being one of the hardest). This will get you all the S.C.A.F. artifacts if you found all the others in easier areas, and the Electrocution Module as well. Once you get the first S.C.A.F. artifact though, it becomes apparent that they are found by a certain glowing light. The circuits you get from collecting just these artifacts is easily enough to finish the game with.

Here's a video I did a long time ago showing the Chain Gun/Shotgun weapon I use, with Acid Bath attachment and the parts and high grade circuits I used to make it. Before you get enough parts for it, the Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, or Shotgun can get you through.

Last edited:
Yes, I was in a few METAL bands before, THRASH/Speed METAL genre to be precise. In fact I still hang and jam, though now I mostly do the production/mixing in our studio, and write Lyrics if need be. Not enough time these days. I used to play double bass drums, and rhythm guitar as well. This was the past of my career.

You know, actually if you ask me, quite frankly I'm not a PRO or a highly skilled gamer like you, and other veterans.

I would rather call myself a Musician instead though, lol, since my gaming skills are pathetic ! :oops::p But I still play games causally, mostly FPS and some TPP/RPG titles, and I had to learn a lot when I first started gaming on the PC. Anyways, that was off topic, and it's kind of hard to explain all this here at the forums.

Let's focus on DEAD SPACE series. Thanks for the DS3 weapon Crafting Video. I will definitely try playing this game soon. Right now, I have a lot of backlogs to complete. From your description it looks like we have a lot of scavenging to do in this game. And BTW, is this a tutorial/trial area sort of thing, the Weapon Crafting Arena ?? Sounds pretty cool. And thank heavens, the dungeons are optional as well.

But for scavenging, I think I should try some of them. Are artifacts also found in the dungeons (but, I assume high grade circuits are more than likely to be found there) ? I just hope the weapon crafting isn't too complex for me either.

I know the game pretty well though, so if you need help scavenging, crafting, or even how to take on enemies, I can give you good advice.

Thanks for the help. I will surely take your advice, and get some hints, if I'm stuck in the game, or if it's too hard to beat, haha.

The good news is, of the 7 optional side missions (Dungeons), you really only need do Supply Depot and Disposal Services (the latter being one of the hardest). This will get you all the S.C.A.F. artifacts if you found all the others in easier areas, and the Electrocution Module as well. Once you get the first S.C.A.F. artifact though, it becomes apparent that they are found by a certain glowing light. The circuits you get from collecting just these artifacts is easily enough to finish the game with.

Cool. I will keep this in mind. Btw, which is the most powerful weapon in this game, or the most useful to kill most of the enemies ? Which weapon have you used the most to beat this full game ? But enemies have different weak points as well, so I think not all weapons will finish the job easily IMO.

Last edited:
Btw, which is the most powerful weapon in this game, or the most useful to kill most of the enemies ? Which weapon have you used the most to beat this full game ? But enemies have different weak points as well, so I think not all weapons will finish the job easily IMO.
The Chaingun/Shotgun combo with Acid Bath attachment (which is shown in the above video I posted) is IMO the best weapon to use. It's definitely the one I use most. You could as well go for the Electrocution Module and put that on the Rivet Gun, which is a single handed weapon you make from a standard Plasma Cutter.

Basically enemy weak points in Dead Space are just any limb part, but it helps to shoot the same limb in the same spot if you want to sever it quickly. There are also weapons that have powerful knock back or can even one hit kill with torso shots, but they have their drawbacks. For instance the Force Gun is best at knocking down enemies, but it doesn't kill them. Some other weapons have powerful beams that one hit kill, but you need to aim precisely, they often require charging up, and reloading can be slow on some of them.

I also made a video some time ago showcasing the Mjolnir. Looks good in practice, but it's all about how they handle waves, and the Weapon Crafting Arena doesn't really do intense waves like the actual game has in places. This video also shows how to access the Weapon Crafting Arena in the menu.

Of the one hit weapons, the Mjolnir was the only one I considered using, but I got tired of having to charge it during waves. It can cause you to get swarmed . You really need an insta fire weapon in this game to do well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.
For instance the Force Gun is best at knocking down enemies, but it doesn't kill them. Some other weapons have powerful beams that one hit kill, but you need to aim precisely, they often require charging up, and reloading can be slow on some of them.

I was actually wondering what's the exact use of this Force Gun. I thought it can also kill enemies ? At least in DS2 game I think, via alt-fire mode. Because if we just knock them down, they will get up again, so we to switch to another weapon. But Force Gun mostly works like a shotgun.

I was actually wondering what's the exact use of this Force Gun. I thought it can also kill enemies ? At least in DS2 game I think, via alt-fire mode. Because if we just knock them down, they will get up again, so we to switch to another weapon. But Force Gun mostly works like a shotgun.
The Force Gun is not really like a shotgun, it sorta just blows them over. Yeah you can kill with it, if using an effective attachment, but it's really the attachment doing the killing, and it takes more rounds to do it (even with an attachment) than with a shotgun. Part of the reason it's not very damaging is it's wide spread. It's really just made for when you get surrounded, so you can reload your kill weapon, or retreat.

Last edited:
Check this out, if you are into horror games. Callisto Protocol is a new story-driven, single-player survival horror game from the creators of Dead Space. We don't have much info on this game yet though.

https://twitter.com/callistothegame?lang=en

View: https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/1527367589009432577

View: https://twitter.com/GlenSchofield/status/1520105056518828033

Original article:

https://www.gameinformer.com/cover-reveal/2022/05/19/cover-reveal-the-callisto-protocol

cp-cover-reveal.jpg

Last edited: