Dead Space 2 PC Not Out of the Picture; Still Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Where do you come up with these "news sites"? I've had enough of these back and forth rumors. One second is canceled, one second you come back with some obscure website that talked to the sketchy guy named "U.S. Rep" that says its under consideration.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
What I'm sick in tired of is all the retards complaining about every little thing that is wrong with a post made by toms. If you have that much to complain about, stop reading the articles and work on gaining a life.

Vestin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]If you have that much to complain about, stop reading the articles and work on gaining a life.[/citation]
Oh, sweet irony...

Also - what is "a life" exactly ? Last time I heard, "people more skilled than you have no life, while those less skilled are n00bs" and this appears to fit almost ANYTHING.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
it looks like a trend... EA looks to be getting in the habit of boning PC gamers, id like to see there talent just leave and start a new studio just so that they can make games interesting again.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
maybe they heard all the b*tch*ng

in any case, i probably won't get it. didn't get the first one. i stopped buying EA games at full price a long time ago... last ea game i bought was mirror's edge for $5

exfileme

Splendid
[citation][nom]darkknight22[/nom]Where do you come up with these "news sites"? I've had enough of these back and forth rumors. One second is canceled, one second you come back with some obscure website that talked to the sketchy guy named "U.S. Rep" that says its under consideration.[/citation]
The thing about that is many of the PR reps don't want to be named. They don't want to be searched on Google and emailed with constant requests and criticisms.

sot010174

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2004
"under consideration"...

I don't get it. It will probably be a PC port now, so EA will only have to pay to have it ported for the PC. Piracy? As I said previously, release it on steam! EA already has games on Steam so what's the problem?
EA makes money, low piracy and costumers are happy...

Alas, Im not bald and weigh 180 pounds yet...

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
The first one is on my "to-buy-when-on-under-10-euros-steam-sale" list.

I do not like when companies start a franchise on multiple platforms but only continue on consoles.
It is like "look at how good this game is ... now if you want to continue the story, buy a console so we can make more money" :-(

dfusco

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
What's going to happen when one fine day PC users, no longer able to buy new games, realize that there is no point in running a Windows OS any longer?

widcard

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
L0L.......consoles getting all the fan fair.......Like you all didn't know things weren't headed that way. Like the other guy said, If you have good gaming skills on the PC, well you need to get up out of that chair and get out more.

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]dfusco[/nom]What's going to happen when one fine day PC users, no longer able to buy new games, realize that there is no point in running a Windows OS any longer?[/citation]

Xbox 360's and Playstation 3's are nothing more then slow computers with 256MB ATi/Nvidia GPU's and basic broadband. All games are MADE on PC's till this day and and programmed to coinside with that systems framework.

Plus, I like switching from Crysis, World of Warcraft, back to NFS Shift, then Bioshock , UT3 without loading any discs or having to move, not to mention games PC titles when cranked roll thier dummed down console bretherens.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Wasn't much of a fan of the first Dead Space for PC. But it's always worrisome to see big titles not being released for PC. Games are created on them, why would they not be released on them? But there are plenty of other developers who still release great games for the PC. We will survive.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]amstech[/nom]Xbox 360's and Playstation 3's are nothing more then slow computers with 256MB ATi/Nvidia GPU's and basic broadband. All games are MADE on PC's till this day and and programmed to coinside with that systems framework.Plus, I like switching from Crysis, World of Warcraft, back to NFS Shift, then Bioshock , UT3 without loading any discs or having to move, not to mention games PC titles when cranked roll thier dummed down console bretherens.[/citation]

Aren't console game made with their own specific development kits? They may use PC's in tandem but it's not like the games are developed to run in Windows. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]amstech[/nom]Xbox 360's and Playstation 3's are nothing more then slow computers with 256MB ATi/Nvidia GPU's and basic broadband. All games are MADE on PC's till this day and and programmed to coinside with that systems framework.Plus, I like switching from Crysis, World of Warcraft, back to NFS Shift, then Bioshock , UT3 without loading any discs or having to move[/citation]

yeah the hardware is old and the PS4 and XboxROD720 will be out in about 2-3 years. Lets see you try your fancy PC tricks with HALO 3, Gears of War 2, Crimson Skies, and all the other PS3 and Xbox exclusives?

MS is no longer supporting PC games... why the frack are they bothering with DX11 or DX12? I bought Gears of War, great game (smokes UT3)... but theres no Gears2 for PC... Guess what MS, I'm not EVER going to buy any MS console, ever, period. But that doesn't matter - there are millions of people who will. I'll do my best to tell others (especially PC players) to NOT buy MS products.

What about Alan Wake? Originally promoted as THE exciting Vista/DX10 game... 3 years later, nothing... and I think the PC version has been canceled.

No PC games to play... means you've got nothing to play on your computers.... so in the end, why buy a PC? Why buy a $200, $300 much less a $500 video game card when there are NO games to play?

Just thinking... Linux maybe where PC gaming needs to go... As long as a person doesn't need Adobe PRO products or MS-Office, or Windows-based games (what few left)... people would save $50~150 off the cost of a computer with just a linux box.

Status
Not open for further replies.