Deaf,dumb and blind PC

cookjei

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
What would cause the ultimate power failure? Immediately I thought it might be a faulty power supply but I get the same results with a new one. The LED located on the motherboard lights (so I figure the board is good) when the PSU is plugged into the main socket on the mobo, but nothing happens when you hit the power button. I double checked the connections and tried unplugging everything, thinking that my internals might be consuming more power than normal. I mean, this thing is just not moving. No fans, not even a slight revolution. I'm not to keen how to check for proper voltages. Does anyone think this could be the problem, despite testing two different PSUs? Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks.

<font color=red>Urban Geek </font color=red>

eagle8635

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
Try checking connections on the RAM. If that doesn't work try replacing the motherboard. Did you do anything to the PC before it started acting like this?

-----
The two most common elements in the univers are hydrogen and stupidity.

cookjei

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
No, I didn't install any new programs or hardware onto the system. I did get it up and running though. I just yanked both the board and PSU and put new ones in since I can't afford to go to long without my pc. I couldn't tell which one was defective. I'm leaning toward the PSU. Thank God I had spare parts.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
could be touching the case improperly, could be an insufficient power supply or a dead power supply. ive seen that happen with a dead bios too, i know because i once killed my bios and it wouldnt turn on!

wpdclan.com counter-strike game server - 66.150.155.52:27015
now featuring valve security module!

cookjei

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
I never thought about grounding issues. Maybe I did kill the BIOS. That would definetly explain why nothing happened when I tried to turn the damn thing on. Technology is a pain in my a#@ sometimes.

TRENDING THREADS