Deal of the Day: Sandy Bridge HP Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

netsql

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
on 17", the mouse pad is not centered.
Do I need to get an apple to get a mouse pad that is centered?

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ProDigit10[/nom]a laptop with a corei7 could be a monster eating battery life.I'll wait until they go down a bit in price.[/citation]

The new quadcore i7's are much more efficient than previous generations, I don't get why people don't understand this. Newer CPU's are almost always more efficient than previous generations, ESPECIALLY notebook CPU's.

[citation][nom]netsql[/nom]on 17", the mouse pad is not centered.Do I need to get an apple to get a mouse pad that is centered?[/citation]

LOL My desktop doesn't have a centered mouse pad either. DANGIT I GOT RIPPED OFF!!! WTF!

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]netsql[/nom]on 17", the mouse pad is not centered.Do I need to get an apple to get a mouse pad that is centered?[/citation]
Apple was made for people like you... people who care more that the mousepad is centered than whether the computer sucks or not.

G

hmmmm what was the problem with sandy bridge again? did they fixed it? or does this laptop comes with problems?

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Apple was made for people like you... people who care more that the mousepad is centered than whether the computer sucks or not.[/citation]

Aint that the truth.. To repeat again what has been said you DO NOT center a touchpad on a laptop keyboard with a numpad do you know why? cause if it's f-ing centered you will be resting your right palm on it every time you type. /FACEPALM

[citation][nom]doctorpink[/nom]hmmmm what was the problem with sandy bridge again? did they fixed it? or does this laptop comes with problems?[/citation]

A very good question I was wondering this myself... hmm maybe this is why it is so cheap? :p lol that would be a fail..

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]littlec[/nom]Aint that the truth.. To repeat again what has been said you DO NOT center a touchpad on a laptop keyboard with a numpad do you know why? cause if it's f-ing centered you will be resting your right palm on it every time you type. /FACEPALMA very good question I was wondering this myself... hmm maybe this is why it is so cheap? lol that would be a fail..[/citation]
Thank you! It just seems like common sense, but I guess some people need to have those things pointed out for them.

jamoise

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
The problem with sandy bridge was when people used sata ports other than 0 and 1, the funny thing with a laptop is, unless your running a dual hdd laptop, your not going to use any other ports than 0 and 1, and in fact none of the other ports are even available to connect to, hence they didn't recall most laptop because the flaw would not effect them in anyway.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
They can still use the "bad" chips if the main HDD and optical drive are on the main SATA 6Gb ports, and eSATA and additional HDD are on external chip such as Marvell or similar...

h0ges

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Most laptops have at least HDD, DVD, eSATA these days, which is three ports already. I think the HP DV7 also has room for a second HDD.
The DV6 I bought in January had HDD on port 0 and DVD drive on port 4 and was recalled.
I am surprised that HP has fixed laptops for sale so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.