Deals August 16: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse $59.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestibule

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
That looks like a really good deal on the Lenovo, a desktop HD 7770 is roughly 20% faster than a 750m according to notebookcheck, not bad for a $770 laptop, not to mention it being nearly $500 off.

I could have used a deal like that 4 years ago when I had to pay at least $950 on a laptop for college, I got a Lenovo Y550 with a Geforce 130m for $1,250 rather than building a new desktop to play games. This looks much better for modern games than my Y550 was at the time, the 130m is about 50% the speed of a desktop Geforce 9600 GT.

Nuck Chorris

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

I don't think that's how you're supposed to spell 'virus'.

vestibule

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

It's probably what I would get if I ever need a mouse with lots of buttons, I haven't really gotten into any games where it seems necessary though.

I really like Zowie for simple driver-less mice with great performance. The Mico is the only mouse they make I wouldn't recommend to anyone, except maybe a person that only needs 3 buttons and the scroll wheel doesn't matter and they don't mind really stiff buttons. But it would be the perfect simple 3-button mouse IMO if it had the same mouse wheel as their other mice, and either the button switches of the AM or EC mice. Instead, it has a terrible wheel where the tactile feedback is a sawtooth rubber thing, which feels nice but it doesn't always register when you feel the tactility, and the buttons are so stiff it made double-clicking a challenge, I had to slow the double-click speed in windows. I'd even try to shoot in Quake Live only for it to not be enough pressure to actuate the switch.

Their mouse pads are really great too, best cloth pads on the marker IMO.

Then again, IDK if there's a difference between the MiCo and the MiCo e-Sport, but the latter is priced higher on Newegg with the list price also being more.

Status
Not open for further replies.