Deals Feb 11: HP dm4t Beats Core i5 + 1TB HDD Laptop $749

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
The best deal that I have seen on laptops was last week. I was able to pick up an HP core i5 dm4-2191 with 4 GB ram, 650 HD, Photoshop elementws and Premier Elements (full version). Anyhow, I got the deal at staples for $499 - instant rebate of $50 (for clearance laptops), and another $50 mail in rebate bringing my total cost to $399 plus tax. The funny thing is, I bought it for a photoshop class I was taking and didn't even realize it came with photoshop elements and premier already installed (Thats like a $130 bonus on top of the already insane deal). I am still waiting for something to come up telling me there is only X number of days in my trial but it apears to be a full version.

Also if you are doing any kind of video encoding, you must get an i5 processor that uses HD 3000 chipset. The Intel quick sync speeds things up 4-5X. I was able to take a 2 hour HD video and convert it to an HD mp4 in 45 minutes (this process took 5-6 hours with an overclocked Core2Duo. Apparently the quad core desktop version (i5-2500K) will go even further and do it in half that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.