Deals for July 21: Western Digital TV Live HD $79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spicy Pickle Restaurant: Sandwich for $0 with drink purchase.

Must be spendy drinks! Considering fountain sodas cost restaurants very little!

Ah I see! They want your email address (for marketing) and want your birthday month. It's all about generating advertising email addresses. ;)

blitzace

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
*cry* again with the deals news article Tom's? I understand that this might be a sponsor so you have no control over what is posted but if you ask me this is one contract that needs to be terminated.

Not to mention this is the second article posted in 2 days, should we expect one every day that does nothing but flood the news feed? These deals are nothing special (again) and any worth noting can easily be found on Slickdeals.org with pages of comments & methods netting you even cheaper prices.

Please, just stop :( I want the old Tom's hardware back, the way it used to be!

pangedit

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]blitzace[/nom]*cry* again with the deals news article Tom's? I understand that this might be a sponsor so you have no control over what is posted but if you ask me this is one contract that needs to be terminated.Not to mention this is the second article posted in 2 days, should we expect one every day that does nothing but flood the news feed? These deals are nothing special (again) and any worth noting can easily be found on Slickdeals.org with pages of comments & methods netting you even cheaper prices. Please, just stop I want the old Tom's hardware back, the way it used to be![/citation]

Nonsense man. I love these deal articles. Ive already bought like 4-5 pcs of gear from tom's deal articles.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]blitzace[/nom]*cry* again with the deals news article Tom's? I understand that this might be a sponsor so you have no control over what is posted but if you ask me this is one contract that needs to be terminated.Not to mention this is the second article posted in 2 days, should we expect one every day that does nothing but flood the news feed? These deals are nothing special (again) and any worth noting can easily be found on Slickdeals.org with pages of comments & methods netting you even cheaper prices. Please, just stop I want the old Tom's hardware back, the way it used to be![/citation]
They've had the articles for months now. It's 1 article per day (sometimes they skip a day or I miss it) that covers a large area of hardware and other things readers of this site may find helpful. Are there better ways of finding deals? Sure. There are also better ways and places to get hardware reviews. Toms just happens to be one of the best at finding and presenting the information (from its own labs or even when an article gets parroted from another site.)

Personally, I've only used this feed once to buy a media keyboard that went on sale outside of my normal store stomping grounds. I almost bought one of the massive Mitsubishi DLP TVs until I did some research and found the models were 2-3 years old with a new set of models coming this July.

Keep the LogicBuy articles coming Tom's, anything to keep the full page ads from becoming a regular occurrence.

G

I personally find these articles of a huge value. Aside from getting great tech news, Tom's features this deal articles, which point out killer deals that I would not be aware of otherwise. I have actually purchased upgraded components for my rig thanks to these deal articles. Sure you can go to Slickdeals (which I have to sift through so much crappy deals/posts to find something I personally am looking for, and it's a separate site), but I for applaud Tom's for bringing something else of value.

If you don't want to save money, don't click on the article. Go cry somewhere else.

G

did anyone else wonder why they added a breathelyzer with an xbox 360 hdd

G

Man, the 2494LW has been on sale for a long time now. I guess no one wants it (myself included.)

@thatguy92: I was wondering about that very thing.

blitzace

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
If you don't want to save money, don't click on the article. Go cry somewhere else.

lol ouch darth :p well I do want to save money, so I definitely won't be clicking on these articles in the future trust me ;) And I will run off, but not to cry, but to score on way slicker deals! *runs off to slick deals*

Difference of opinions though I suppose, my post in yesterdays article got quite a bit of support. Today it seems the Tom's hardware fanboys are out :eek:

fyi I've been visiting toms for a decent amount of time now and this is the first I've seen these articles so can you really blame me for clicking on them my first time? (thanks btw for telling me they've been around for a while honis, never knew that)

Trust me though, I won't be checking them out in the future lol but now all they are going to do is clutter up my news feed with info that isn't relevant to this site, at least not from my perspective.

I do feel bad for you though if you think this is the best place to look for deals :sarcastic: I see you said you tried slick deals, but there is no sifting through crappy deals if you know how to use the site. Forum search, deal alerts (with multiple contact methods), tagged categories, thumbs up, etc. I would give it another shot if I were you.

Plenty of ways for you to find what your looking for and avoid sifting through the bad deals, ESPECIALLY if your dying for that specific item, you can be guaranteed it will find its way onto that site and you'll be notified as soon as the deal is live.

Sure a great deal may find its way here once in a while, and there is nothing wrong with that (pangedit and honis for example). But when it does it lacks the posts with critical info. BCB keywords, coupon codes, etc. that really sweeten the deal letting you save even more money. Isn't that the point of a deal after all?

But where are the $200 gtx 470's? The $20 Corsair 450W PSU's? etc. etc. etc. I could list AMAZING deals like that all day that this article you seem to care so much about hasn't got a clue of and even if it did probably wouldn't post since its SPONSORED (they have nothing to gain from telling you about a deal they won't profit on). But why waste my time when there is a site dedicated to do just that ;)

Anyways, just stating my opinion is all, no need to tell someone off on the interwebs lol *in hippie way* Love and peace man, lets try to play nice :kaola:

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i go ta free pizza on camaro day from papa johns thanks to toms :D i say keep these coming, some of the deals are grat, soem are meh, but still good to know about them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.