Deals for May 7: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamuelson

Distinguished
The problem with the PC version of MW? NON-DEDICATED SERVERS! Which means, cheaters everywhere and serious lag for those that are not the host.

It may be free for the weekend, but it's not worth it!

toxxel

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Interesting seeing a return of mp mw2 wasn't even 3 weeks ago it was on steam for free for a few days. Wonder if numbers were short on people that actually bought it after the free weekend so they are trying it again so soon.

lunosnyper

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
MW2 on PC is way better then the xbox live version. Can't even see 100 yards with the resolution it plays at. Yah the hackers do suck but at least its playable.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Not worth it. I tried the multiplayer last time it was free on Steam and it was choppy as hell. Explosion, shaky cam and people running in all directions.

L4D series and TF2 are much more fun.

zuke

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]pei-chen[/nom]Not worth it. I tried the multiplayer last time it was free on Steam and it was choppy as hell. Explosion, shaky cam and people running in all directions.L4D series and TF2 are much more fun.[/citation]

Amen! I'm with ya on the L4D and TF2 multi-player, so much fun!

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Yeah, just tried it for a couple hours. MW2 is nothing special. In fact, it's incredibly mediocre. I'd pay $10 for it if it had dedicated servers.

mouettus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Woah... you guys in the US got such great deals! always nice starting street prices + couple of hundred bucks off the big toys + free shipping here and there.

When I saw the 30" Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC LCD Monitor for $1,199 with free shipping I thought it was bargain basement time. Then I realized it is an old LCD monitor from 2006 which was replaced by a new and improved version in 2008. :(

Glorfindel

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2004
Downloaded MW2, quit after a short time. I was considering buying it, and I'm glad I didn't. The game just didn't seem anything special compared to other FPS games. Might as well get one that is designed for PC, they usually play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.