Deals June 8: 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD $194.99 FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Yup, it's under $1/gb but they'll still bitch about something...

You mean like the fact the article is inaccurate and under $1/GB is nothing new? the 256GB crucial m4 which is far more reliable and not OCZ has been 199 for several weeks, making it cheaper.

even at 214 right now the M4 is STILL cheaper cause you aren't getting that rebate from OCZ, and the M4 is higher capacity

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]lashabane[/nom]Yup, it's under $1/gb but they'll still bitch about something...[/citation]

Actually there is a legit reason to pass on that offer. OCZ has a notorious record of high failure rates on their SSD's. I would rather pay a little extra for the security of knowing I won't have lost data and a headache in two months.

cold fire

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Actually there is a legit reason to pass on that offer. OCZ has a notorious record of high failure rates on their SSD's. I would rather pay a little extra for the security of knowing I won't have lost data and a headache in two months.[/citation]
I have a 240GB OCZ Agility 3 that I bought about 4 months ago for $220 and haven't experienced any problems with it. I back up my data frequentaly so that's not really an issue for me even if one day it decides to commit suicide.

With SSD prices nowadays, there's no excuse for not having one, especially for a desktop computer.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]You mean like the fact the article is inaccurate and under $1/GB is nothing new? the 256GB crucial m4 which is far more reliable and not OCZ has been 199 for several weeks, making it cheaper.even at 214 right now the M4 is STILL cheaper cause you aren't getting that rebate from OCZ, and the M4 is higher capacity[/citation]
I can't help but wonder if the criticizers of the Vertex 3 have ever owned one or know someone who owns one. I've been using my Vertex 3 almost 8 months now and have had no issues at all with it...

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]I can't help but wonder if the criticizers of the Vertex 3 have ever owned one or know someone who owns one. I've been using my Vertex 3 almost 8 months now and have had no issues at all with it...[/citation]

I've had mine (240GB V3) nearly a year, and it's worked flawlessly.

To be fair, I have had some trouble getting rebates from OCZ in the past, so I paid their $2 quick processing fee to get $23 of the $25 rebate within a week.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]cold fire[/nom]I have a 240GB OCZ Agility 3 that I bought about 4 months ago for $220 and haven't experienced any problems with it. I back up my data frequentaly so that's not really an issue for me even if one day it decides to commit suicide. With SSD prices nowadays, there's no excuse for not having one, especially for a desktop computer.[/citation]

You may not have had a issue, and I am happy for you on that. But that still does not dismiss the failure rates that are reported with OCZ's SSD's. While you made out fine, many others have not.

I do not personally own one, however had friend who ordered 4 of them and as you can imagine 4 is quite costly all together. Only two of them are the originals as I am typing this. So far he had a 50% failure rate, now I don't think we are looking at a average of 50% failure rate across the board. But it goes to show there is certainly a issue.
I'm not the type to say "I told you so" but I also advised him to go with another brand before hand.

If someone here wishes to buy from this deal feel free and I do wish you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS