Deals Oct 1: 39'' 1080p LED TV w/ 2-year Warranty $299

Status
Not open for further replies.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
"Panda Express Coupon: Free Thai Cashew Chicken (on 10/03) (use printable coupon)."
Seriously? So, whether or not it is hardware or has anything to do with technology has no bearing on what makes it on the list?
Perhaps I need to rethink what Tom's Hardware stands for anymore.... ?

mouse24

Splendid
^if you have been around for any amount of time you would know that there deals of the day are just logic buy ads and have almost nothing to do with tech at all. Its just an ad bro, calm down.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
One of my long grievances of these ads is that the source does not clearly say it is Logic buy and everything said is a copy paste. In one instance there was a piece of computer hardware that gave a inaccurate description. This being Tom's hardware and them trying to make it look like this is actually all from here and not actually a ad could negatively effect someone.

Back in the day I use to click on ads just to support Tom's now I use a ad-blocker on this site. I miss the old Tom's Hardware.

fuxxnuts

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
[citation][nom]lostmyclan[/nom]TCL from china ? no thanks[/citation]

i'm saying no thanks too, but not because its from China... its more along the lines of their failure rates and their really short warranty, which scares me.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
TCL 39 inch 1080p 60hz TV for 299? The price sounds great and all but if the picture or sound aren't good then you are basicly thowing your money away and with a price that low i suspect that to be the case and that right there screams quality concerns. TV's are only as good as thier quality. Like the old saying goes you get what you pay for.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]lostmyclan[/nom]TCL from china ? no thanks[/citation]
China isn't a company.... There are PLENTY of quality Chinese products, in fact the PC you're currently using was probably manufactured in China. (or Taiwan)

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]techcurious[/nom]"Panda Express Coupon: Free Thai Cashew Chicken (on 10/03) (use printable coupon)."Seriously? So, whether or not it is hardware or has anything to do with technology has no bearing on what makes it on the list?Perhaps I need to rethink what Tom's Hardware stands for anymore.... ?[/citation]
You do know that this is paid advertising right?

Menigmand

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
[citation][nom]Max Collodi[/nom]You do know that this is paid advertising right?[/citation]

Where on the page does it say "paid advertising"? It's presented as editorial content. There's even a byline at the top, and a "source":

'by Marcus Yam - source: Tom's Hardware US'

This is bordering on fraudulent marketing, I think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS