Deals: Post Black Friday, Cyber Monday Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
[citation][nom]logicbuy_com[/nom]Thanks for the feedback. You're making false accusations. 1) We publish hundreds of deals a day, all double-checked for accuracy before publishing. Once it’s published, we have no control whether the merchant updated its price, sold out or has simply expired. Thus – we put every effort to update the deal(s) – and we do this all day, all night long. 2) These deals selected to be showcased on Tom’s wasn’t found months ago. Most are extension from the Cyber Monday offers. And even if they were rehiterrated deals – so what – some may find them of value as not everyone knows everything like you.Let me make an accusation. You have a small brain – among other things. Hows that for size?[/citation]

You were doing well with your argument right up until the end when you accused the guy of knowing everything and said he has a small brain.

At first I didn't agree with deadlockedworld because a deal is a deal, but your response has kind of shifted my attitude towards a company that says things like that, even to someone who is obviously not going to be a customer. Other would be customers may be listening... (like me). I will be looking elsewhere.

dhowie

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
20% off total order when you buy two Logitech G Series Keyboards, Mice, COntrollers, or headsetSAPPHIRE 100284VXL Radeon HD 5750 1GB Graphics Card for $144.99 after coupon (list $154.99)

Thats the best deal yet!

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
The dude is just pretending to be logicbuy. No company spokesman would go out and call out consumers as having a small brain. Even though that guy probably does have one.

dhowie

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]logicbuy_com[/nom]Thanks for the feedback. You're making false accusations. 1) We publish hundreds of deals a day, all double-checked for accuracy before publishing. Once it’s published, we have no control whether the merchant updated its price, sold out or has simply expired. Thus – we put every effort to update the deal(s) – and we do this all day, all night long. 2) These deals selected to be showcased on Tom’s wasn’t found months ago. Most are extension from the Cyber Monday offers. And even if they were rehiterrated deals – so what – some may find them of value as not everyone knows everything like you.Let me make an accusation. You have a small brain – among other things. Hows that for size?[/citation]

Eat my t!ts

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]angleheart[/nom]Here in Canada, we have BLUE Friday...[/citation]
I had a freezing cold friday... and today I just walked 6km in -15 weather...

Oooh, I like LogicBuy now. Always gotta love a little spice. =D

Think I'm going to buy a 50" plasma offered from LogicBuy myself.

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Terminator Salvation on Blu-ray for $15.32 with free shipping (list $299.99)

I knew blu-ray's were expensive but list price of 299.99? awesome! i want it!

shamgar

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
in case you all didnt notice, the BEST DEAL ON THIS PLANET ON BLACK FRIDAY was the deal where you didnt buy anything. quit buying into this pathetic holiday where people act crazier than a bunch of caged up wild animals high on drugs. if the stores can only offer these SPECIAL deals ONCE a year, then they arent worth it. all of these stores build up to this hype where you think you are saving money but on average a person buys more things and spends more than they normally would have because 'OMG I CAN SAVE MONEY ON THIS TODAY AND I CANT ALL YEAR LONG!!' so people buy into that and act irrationally. watch some youtube videos like at walmart where people will kill each other over getting the last rockband box. disgusting.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]shamgar[/nom]in case you all didnt notice, the BEST DEAL ON THIS PLANET ON BLACK FRIDAY was the deal where you didnt buy anything. quit buying into this pathetic holiday where people act crazier than a bunch of caged up wild animals high on drugs. if the stores can only offer these SPECIAL deals ONCE a year, then they arent worth it. all of these stores build up to this hype where you think you are saving money but on average a person buys more things and spends more than they normally would have because 'OMG I CAN SAVE MONEY ON THIS TODAY AND I CANT ALL YEAR LONG!!' so people buy into that and act irrationally. watch some youtube videos like at walmart where people will kill each other over getting the last rockband box. disgusting.[/citation]

Exactly.

These articles are ads not news. They either need to be removed or have their own section on toms. Like Hardware Canucks has their own "price compare" section. If I want deals from logicbuy, then I will go on the logicbuy site.
Toms seems to be saturated with ads. So many in fact, that I use firefox to block them all. I still haven't figured out how to block the ads that are popup and appear when you mouseover highlighted text. I follow the text with my mouse when I read, strange habit.
On a side note, if anyone knows a way I can block those popup ads, let me know.

nawat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
[citation][nom]enzo matrix[/nom]Toms seems to be saturated with ads. So many in fact, that I use firefox to block them all. I still haven't figured out how to block the ads that are popup and appear when you mouseover highlighted text. I follow the text with my mouse when I read, strange habit.On a side note, if anyone knows a way I can block those popup ads, let me know.[/citation]
Install Adblock Plus extension for Firefox and add a filter to block "http://kona.kontera.com/*" then refresh the page. Hope it works.

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
[citation][nom]enzo matrix[/nom]These articles are ads not news. They either need to be removed or have their own section on toms. Like Hardware Canucks has their own "price compare" section. If I want deals from logicbuy, then I will go on the logicbuy site.Toms seems to be saturated with ads. So many in fact, that I use firefox to block them all. I still haven't figured out how to block the ads that are popup and appear when you mouseover highlighted text. I follow the text with my mouse when I read, strange habit.On a side note, if anyone knows a way I can block those popup ads, let me know.[/citation]

Try noscript, maybe it's can help u.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Cybermonday deals were really bad this year. Most of the prices and items were $100 and up. Nothing really good for less than that.

dhowie

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
There were very few awesome deals this past shopping week, I picked up a Cooler Master Storm Scout for 49.99 AR and a LG Blu Ray burner w/ free blank 25gb disc for a low 129.99.

Other then that, I didn't spend much. I bought hordes of blu ray from Walmart and Best Buy (7.99, 10) and a few pairs of jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.