Deals Sept 10: Toshiba i7 Gaming Laptop $749.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The Patriot Axle USB drive is actually 18.99 at newegg.com and has free shipping, (4-7 days) and free 2 days shipping if you have shoprunner.

You can edit the post to save everybody ~$3!!

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]The Toshiba with a Core i7 is supposed to be a Gaming Laptop yet they stick it with a 5400rpm drive?[/citation]
My gaming laptop (Y570) came with a slow, SLOW hard drive too. However the capacity is 700GB, so on the other hand that's nice.

First thing I did was swap my CD drive for a cheap SSD, and now it's wonderful. If they would do a markup in price for a 7200rpm i'd rather the cheaper one with 5200rpm, and upgrade it myself.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]The Toshiba with a Core i7 is supposed to be a Gaming Laptop yet they stick it with a 5400rpm drive?[/citation]

The specs are that of a great multimedia laptop, and 5400RPM is more than adequate.
If you need something a little faster, replace your DVD drive with a SSD.

If your a gamer, chances are you'll rarely use your DVD drive.

G

Get a Toshiba and get no graphics driver updates! Toshiba does not make gaming laptops, do not be fooled!

G

Toshiba does not care about the software that they write to run OEM dependent tasks on their computers, just look at the toshiba "value added package" that controls the wifi on and off and other functions on toshiba laptops, they should call it the value subtracted package! Toshiba you sell laptops, but you never update the software that you write for your laptops, your value added package has not worked correctly about 20 windows updates ago on my laptop! Do not buy a laptop from Toshiba thinking that it will be good for playing games, you will run into a brick wall trying to get updated intel HD graphics drivers, as intel can not supply genaric HD graphics drivers for toshiba laptops!

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]The specs are that of a great multimedia laptop, and 5400RPM is more than adequate.If you need something a little faster, replace your DVD drive with a SSD.If your a gamer, chances are you'll rarely use your DVD drive.[/citation]

more then adequate for anything but gaming when you put in a 5400rpm drive. 7200rpm drives are adequate SSD's are more then adequate gor gaming 5400rpm drives aren't heck now 500 dollar laptops are starting to come with 128gb SSD hard drives now. So there really isn't an excuse for a 5400rpm hard drive in a laptop that is considered gaming anymore.

G

Serious gamers do not buy Toshiba! Just read the blogs "cant play game on Toshiba, can not update graphics drivers!". All the fancy hardware in the world is worthless without the driver software to utilize it, and Toshiba = FAIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.