Deals Sept 25: 1.5TB Seagate SATA III HDD $69.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
EVery hard drive i've EVER had fail on me or a customers (probably 30-50 in my life) has been a Seagate. Do yourself a favor and buy Western Digital or Hitatchi (which bought IBM's stake in hard drives a long way back).

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]obsama1[/nom]^^^+1 Seagate has had a ton of failures. WD and Samsung make really good hard drives.[/citation]

I had to return 3 WD hard drives within a months time because they all failed 2 of them were making clicking noises and the last one just died within 2 weeks. WD aren't the hard drives that they used to be.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009

Agreed. Every time I have a drive fail on me, lo and behold it is a seagate. Not only do I have a plethora of failed 7200.11 series but also their green "LP" (low power) drives fail on me. What kind of nonsense is that.

Also imagine my frustration when using a 320gb laptop drive inside a laptop I rarely use and have it freeze up. Yup the culpret was the HDD and the drive didn't work at all any more after it froze. I replaced it with a low power blue WD drive and have had no problems since.

I can't think of anything useful for Seagate hard drives besides possibly sticking it in the back of your toilet to conserve water or to use it as a door stop to make sure that the door knob doesn't jam itself into your dry wall at home.

But there is one positive thing about Seagate: job security. With all the failed drives I have had to maintain/RMA, I still get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.