death of another 75 gxp

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
well i knew it was goign to die but i was hoping it wuld last until i had a chance to baack every thig atlast it didn't make. dang ibm this is my second hard rive form them to fail with in 3 months and i only have 2 of them.

failed herdrives
45 gig 75 gxp fialed today
20 gig 60 gxp failed about 3 months ago

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

Magneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Man, this is sad news to hear. I'm sorry you didn't get your data backed up before the IBM died. I read your reply to my other post, and I'm leaning towards the Maxtor. I had a Maxtor in my old system for 2 years and it never even made a peep. I've heard that some of the Western Digital hard drives are now using IBM technology as well, and that they are beginning to fail too.
My 75GXP is failing on me, and it is my second. The first one I managed to keep afloat for about 6 months, and that wasn't easy. I had my computer apart far too many times in that 6 months.
Oh well.. we live and we learn, but lessons can be painful..
Mag...

G

holy, many people are having problem with the IBM drive, I should stay away from it.

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
i am for a while untuil i can trust them agian but i can't aford another 45 gig har drive so this one is geting rmaed.

the worst part is tht this computer is like 8 months old

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

I understand how you feel right now. I had the same problem with WD. HD is the most important item in our PC.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Put it in a Ziplock bag in your freezer for a couple of hours, you have a good chance of getting about 15-20 minutes out of your drive, enough to back up your data.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
a little late know it got sent out like 2 hours ago

FatBurger

Illustrious
Well, I replied before that, so you can't blame it on me :lol:
Good info for others, though.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

TRENDING THREADS