[SOLVED] Debating getting new PSU but I lack knowledge if I require one.

Jan 23, 2020
I have a 500w coolermaster lite running A -
Rx 580 OC, 16gb ddr4, 120gb ssd, 1tb sata internal HDD, ryzen 5 -2600x with the basic fans and a medium / small Motherboard. I game daily on this PC and Im wondering if im hindering performance / could any of my small issues be caused by lacking power? I could use a real sweat to help :) <3

Solution
Rx 580 OC, 16gb ddr4, 120gb ssd, 1tb sata internal HDD, ryzen 5 -2600x with the basic fans and a medium / small Motherboard. I game daily on this PC and Im wondering if im hindering performance / could any of my small issues be caused by lacking power? I could use a real sweat to help :) <3

You're probably not "hindering your performance".

If you demand more than a power supply is capable of delivering, they SHOULD shut down.

But that is a VERY CHEAP power supply capable of slowly killing your components, so I do suggest getting another 450W or 500W.. this time a quality one.

You're probably not "hindering your performance".

If you demand more than a power supply is capable of delivering, they SHOULD shut down.

But that is a VERY CHEAP power supply capable of slowly killing your components, so I do suggest getting another 450W or 500W.. this time a quality one.

Solution