Question Debating new Monitor

JoSTAR

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
What's up guys? So recently I've been doing extensive research on monitors and TVs alike. I've been wanting to play more games on my PS4 Pro so part of me is telling me to get a 4K Secondary monitor but it's tough choosing between a monitor or an actual TV. My Current Secondary is a LG 32MA70HY-P Monitor that I use for some games and mostly my PS4. The size I would want is around 32" like I currently have; so an LG monitor would do me fine. However I'm picky, I need IPS (Currently have a IPS as Secondary) so because of this the only monitor I found under that requirement is the Acer PE320QK; it is a tad pricey though. The other option was the LG 32UD59-B (or 60-b) which has a VA panel and 32". I considered going for the LG 49SK8000 TV instead for a secondary but this could prove troublesome with the size and space I have. I know I can fit it as my secondary but it will require some tweaks.

As for the main monitor I currently have a ASUS MX259H. Right now I've been stuck deciding between the ASUS PG279QZ and the Acer XB271HU since they're pretty similar. Not really anal about how one looks or not but I kind of prefer the Acer in terms of bezels and ergonomics. BUT the PG279QZ's are on sale with Amazon warehouse deals for the fraction of a price which makes it very tempting (Around $419ish to $520ish). I know a lot of people wouldn't recommend warehouse deals for monitors but I've bought a lot of my products from Amazon warehouse deals and have had pretty good luck with them. If anything it is backed by a great return policy so worst case I can always return them.

Also I have been considering an upgrade soon but I'm waiting for the release of Ryzen 3. Here's my current ring:
i5-2500k @ 3.3Ghz
^EVO 212+ CM CPU Fan
EVGA Z68 FTW (KR) Motherboard
8GB DDR3 1866Mhz Samsung Ram
GTX 1060 EVGA SC 3GB
550W Seasonic PSU
250GB Samsung EVO 4 SSD
1TB Western Digital Harddrive
ASUS MX259H - Main Monitor
LG 32MA70HY-P - Secondary

Was planning on getting a new video card in the near future as well; RTX 2070 or maybe the 2060. I do want to buy new monitors now just before I can upgrade, I can maybe understand some difficulties running certain games at 1440p (with the Main Monitor) with my current rig but it should be fine if I tune down some settings since I'm not anal about max settings. Thanks for reading :).

TRENDING THREADS