Debating on which monitor I should get.

Jun 22, 2018
So, I'm choosing between two monitors. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824025424 and https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6BM6DJ2197&cm_re=VIOTEK_GN35LD_35%22_Curved_Gaming_LED_Monitor_%u2013FreeSync_2560x1080_Resolution_144Hz_Refresh_Rate_21%3a9-_-0JC-004Y-00016-_-Product I'm not sure which one to pick though as they seem the same. Which one should I choose? The price for these two don't matter for me. It seems the viotek should be the better choice since it's larger although there's probably something I'm missing. Thanks!

Solution
Since money is not object here, I would choose the LG. First, it has 2 USB 3.0 ports so connectivity is a plus. Second, the feature set is superior with ability to set profiles.

While you may think the extra inch on the Viotek is better it should be noted that more screen space on a 1080p screen means a lesser pixel density and, thus, slightly worse visuals. While a 34” vs 35” probably wouldn’t be noticeable, it shouldn’t play into your decision. Look for connectivity, features, response times, etc.

Speaking of response times, the Viotek does beat the LG by 2ms (3ms on Viotek vs 5ms on the LG). So if response time is your thing then consider that.

Jwpanz

Honorable
Since money is not object here, I would choose the LG. First, it has 2 USB 3.0 ports so connectivity is a plus. Second, the feature set is superior with ability to set profiles.

While you may think the extra inch on the Viotek is better it should be noted that more screen space on a 1080p screen means a lesser pixel density and, thus, slightly worse visuals. While a 34” vs 35” probably wouldn’t be noticeable, it shouldn’t play into your decision. Look for connectivity, features, response times, etc.

Speaking of response times, the Viotek does beat the LG by 2ms (3ms on Viotek vs 5ms on the LG). So if response time is your thing then consider that.

Solution
Jun 22, 2018

Thanks for the help. So a friend of mine said
" Ahh well the Viotek has more of a gaming monitor aesthetic feel with 144hz refresh rate and its really close to an IPS (inner panel switching) display meaning that not only are you getting a display that you can look at any angle, the colors are more vibrant because IPS displays can reach and surpass 100% rgb color scheme. So you would be really close to having an IPS monitor"
I assume this would be same for the LG as well right? In addition, if ports and profiles don't matter to me would the viotek be a better choice or should I stick to the LG?

Jwpanz

Honorable
The LG is a legitimate IPS monitor. This is why it has a 5ms response time. IPS panels are awesome for colors and angles but will have slightly slower responses. The Viotek is not an IPS and being “close” to IPS is still not IPS.