[SOLVED] Debian 10, Ryzen CPU and MSI motherboard

startman

Reputable
Oct 26, 2019
Has anyone successfully used an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 in an MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX motherboard and
the stable version of Debian 10 as the operating system ?

Solution
I don't see why there would be any for-seen issues. I bought mine, I have full confidence that it will run great. If there were to be some sort of issue, it would most likely be cured by an updated kernel. Not sure which kernel Debian 10 ships with.

Just curious, what made you pick Debian 10?

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
I have that exact same board sitting on my desk, waiting for an unknown amount of time for my Ryzen 3 3300x I will be using Kubuntu but if you haven't found your answer by the time I receive my chip, I'll try Debian.

Are you having trouble or are you just asking before you try it?

startman

Reputable
Oct 26, 2019
I have that exact same board sitting on my desk, waiting for an unknown amount of time for my Ryzen 3 3300x I will be using Kubuntu but if you haven't found your answer by the time I receive my chip, I'll try Debian.

Are you having trouble or are you just asking before you try it?
I am asking before I buy the motherboard as I want to check whether my combination of operating system, CPU and motherboard will work okay with no stability issues.

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
I don't see why there would be any for-seen issues. I bought mine, I have full confidence that it will run great. If there were to be some sort of issue, it would most likely be cured by an updated kernel. Not sure which kernel Debian 10 ships with.

Just curious, what made you pick Debian 10?

Solution