Question Debloat Windows 10?

wabobthedevil35

Honorable
Jul 2, 2016
YMMV depending on what you are running.

From a pure compatibility standpoint, if a program calls a feature you removed, depending on how gracefully a program handles a resource not being there, interesting things can happen.

There are gains to be had and subtle smoothness gains to be had, depending on your usage patterns and hardware.

wabobthedevil35

Honorable
Jul 2, 2016
My friend just plays games and she didn't experience any issues. Personally, I don't like Cortana and the Xbox Overlay because I don't own an Xbox so it won't benefit me. But, I'll leave Windows the way it is.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If you don't like Cortana and the Xbox apps, then turn both off. You can.

Review your privacy settings and go through all of them (which doesn't take very long). If the Inking, typing & personalization feature is turned off then Cortana (the personal digital assistant part, not the Windows Search part) is off. Also turn off online speech recognition in the Speech Pane. Turn off any and all apps that can run in the background in the Background Apps Pane. I've turned everything off except for a select few things like the Settings app, Alarms & Clock, and my Canon Printer's utility that handles the wireless interface.

It is a simple matter, dirt simple, to tighten up Windows 10 significantly.

You may also want to open the Diagnostics & Feedback pane and set that to Basic.

wabobthedevil35

Honorable
Jul 2, 2016
If you don't like Cortana and the Xbox apps, then turn both off. You can.

Review your privacy settings and go through all of them (which doesn't take very long). If the Inking, typing & personalization feature is turned off then Cortana (the personal digital assistant part, not the Windows Search part) is off. Also turn off online speech recognition in the Speech Pane. Turn off any and all apps that can run in the background in the Background Apps Pane. I've turned everything off except for a select few things like the Settings app, Alarms & Clock, and my Canon Printer's utility that handles the wireless interface.

It is a simple matter, dirt simple, to tighten up Windows 10 significantly.

You may also want to open the Diagnostics & Feedback pane and set that to Basic.
Didn't know that much about the Xbox part. Thanks a lot for your help and information.