jcdenton

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Hey guys...recently bought a pc...based on c2d e7300 zotac 9300 transcend 2gb ddr2800. The thing is i just opened the case and found the ram module a little close to the cpu and so i moved it to the extreme right. My board has 4 ram slots. The ram was installed in the slot extreme left. so i took it and put it in the slot extreme right. But when i powered it on the debug led showed error code A0 and there was constant beeping. So i removed it and placed it in the slot third slot...same error. But the ram module works fine when i install it in the first two slots.

take a look at this image for reference
8307_zotac9300.jpg

could this be due to a configuration error or has the ram slot being physically damaged?? but whts the possibility of two ram slots being damaged??
The thing is i searched on the internet and couldn't find much info. so pls help me out!!!

One more thing..i read in the manual that a single ram stick can be installed in any availabe ram slot

wopper

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
year an why the hell do thy put in a debug disp. but dont list the codes eny warer i got the samen fault on my im no sittin ad whaiting to get a answer from zotac them self

jcdenton

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009

Don't wait for a reply!! go ahead and rma the board as this error code simply means that the slot is damaged. i got a replacment for the same.