[SOLVED] Debug lights turn on for a few seconds before PC boots (MSI MAG B550M PRO-VDH mATX & Ryzen 5 3600)

sting_ray

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
Recently I bought this motherboard and used a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU that I didn't know was faulty. The motherboard displayed an EZ debug light for the CPU, so it was obvious that the CPU had to be replaced. I then purchased a new Ryzen 5 3600, and after flash updating the bios, the pc booted up perfectly fine. The only problem is that the cpu, vga, and boot debug lights light up for about a second each before the PC turns on. Every other part in my PC has been tested except the motherboard and CPU. The PC works completely fine other than the debug lights lighting up for a few seconds before booting. I've monitored the temperatures and everything looks completely fine, even during gaming.

I've reseated the CPU, cooler and pretty much all other parts, updated the bios again, cleared CMOS, and used only 1 stick of ram, but the problems persists.

(Yes ik this motherboard and cpu are known to have problems, and I applied to get the motherboard replaced, but I'd like to fix the problem myself )

Solution
That is normal behavior for a lot of motherboards. The lights staying on for a few seconds is fine, as long as they turn off or show as fine after boot it is normal

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
That is normal behavior for a lot of motherboards. The lights staying on for a few seconds is fine, as long as they turn off or show as fine after boot it is normal

Solution