Question Decent alternative to HT-A9? (price and performance)

Oct 7, 2020
Hi people, I'm wondering about this: Does there exist a decent alternative to HT-A9? I mean - yeah, it can't be as good, I get it - but the HT-A9 has these four speakers and a nice look; but the price is just wacky. I recently got an LG C2 and it's breathtaking, but I just can't get my head around buying speakers for double the amount I spend on a dream TV (trying to avoid soundbar as well).

Oct 7, 2020
Which makes me think: Is it feasible to buy a surround receiver and start out with for example two speakers and then add the others whenever possible? And if that is an option, how would you guys look for decent entry level speakers? Because if you search for surround speakers etc. you get results related to entire packages instead of individual speakers. Cheers.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Which makes me think: Is it feasible to buy a surround receiver and start out with for example two speakers and then add the others whenever possible? And if that is an option, how would you guys look for decent entry level speakers? Because if you search for surround speakers etc. you get results related to entire packages instead of individual speakers. Cheers.
I'm sure you can do this, but you have to ensure you keep compatibility in mind when doing so (for the future components to be added).

A decent soundbar can really improve your audio experience. Why are you opposed to those?