Decent computer build LAGGING in all games.

Papashlapa

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
My build worked PERFECT, but 8 months in and have been experiencing severe FPS drops and HUGE stutter in both league of legends and PUBG. The stutter gets worse everyday, even in the PUBG menu I get stutter. In league of legends shop, just buying an item my computer freezes a bit and stutters A LOT.

+CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7- 7700k @ 4.20GHz
+Motherboard: Asus - MAXIMUS IX HERO ATX LGA1151
+Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
+GPU: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX
+Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62
+Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive(windows) // Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (everything else)
+PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
+Fans: NZXT - Aer RGB120 Fansx3 // NZXT - Aer RGB140 Fansx3
+Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Full Tower
+Monitor: Asus ROG PG278QR 27" 1ms, 165Hz WQHD 2560x1440 G-Sync

I should not be having any issues at all with a computer like this. I keep my BIOS and all drivers (especially GPU) updated at all times. I keep my computer clean because I am nit picky like that.

My temperatures are decent. During gaming (such as league or pubg) I get around 48-60 range for GPU AND CPU.
Idle I get 32 for both GPU and CPU.

Something I did notice while writing this post, my CPU load idles at 62% and increases to 72% between this range(clock speed at 4520MHz with a temp of 50). WHILE i type this and nothing is really running in the background except chrome and my CAM software and other software to monitor temps and memory.

Is my cpu throttling already??

Please, help. :(

Papashlapa

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
I dont think its a virus as I keep my computer clean every other day. I use multiple scanners and defrag and clean the disks every other day as well to keep speeds up to date.

I dont see any program that seems suspicious that runs and the ones that take up the most memory(which isnt a lot of memory to begin with) are chrome
and discord. Otherwise its the game that takes the most when its being played.