[SOLVED] Decent gpu upgrade!

Frankie4Fingarz

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
Hi people!
I need a decent graphics card that will be good for the next few years (2-3) that is not overly expensive. (Afordable)

Current specs:
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC Motherboard
Ram: 16gb DDR4 Corsair Vengence 3600mhz
Gpu: RX 480 8gb
cpu: intel core i7 9700k
psu: Bequiet 550w
Thanks in advanced!

Solution
Personally, I'd hold onto that RX 480 and use it until there was something I wanted to do that it couldn't handle. I held onto my 8800GTS-640 for about 12 years before upgrading to my current.

However, if you would prefer to upgrade, then $400 AUD is going to get you something like a GTX 1660 Super. It's a nice uptick from your current, but as stingy as I am, I'm not sure it's worth $400 AUD.

Then there is the power requirement. If you go much higher than the GTX 1660 series, you're probably starting to look at having to replace the power supply as well.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Personally, I'd hold onto that RX 480 and use it until there was something I wanted to do that it couldn't handle. I held onto my 8800GTS-640 for about 12 years before upgrading to my current.

However, if you would prefer to upgrade, then $400 AUD is going to get you something like a GTX 1660 Super. It's a nice uptick from your current, but as stingy as I am, I'm not sure it's worth $400 AUD.

Then there is the power requirement. If you go much higher than the GTX 1660 series, you're probably starting to look at having to replace the power supply as well.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS