Decent second computer monitor to extend desktop for max £150

ZikO

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Hi,

I am looking for a second computer monitor for work and surfing internet. Around 21'' is absolutely fine! I've already got a very high quality 24'' screen but this one will be to extend a desktop. I am looking for anything below £150. It is important to me that the screen will be of decent quality so my eyes won't hurt! The monitor will be used to, let's say, hold some extra application windows and sometimes I will need to surf internet so I would need text to be sharp on the screen.

The most important parameters are:

• ■ very good viewing angle, that's really important !!!
    ■ contrast so that everything is sharp
    ■ uniform luminance
    ■ good grayscale and gamma response
    ■ DVI to DVI connection
What IMO is not too important to me that

• ■ Pixel response does not have to be very low; it is not for games or movies
    ■ Colour response does not have to be excellent; not going to edit photograph although I would choose something with this better parameter.

So far, I have bought Acer s220hqlbbd 21.5'' led monitor for £85. I thought monitors these days are good enough so I don't have to worry about spec. I though I could rely on seller opinion and buy something I can work with. I was wrong. I understand the price is low but IMO nobody can work with this piece of crap :/
The worse issue is its Viewing Angle. It is so bad that staying just right in front of the screen makes black desktop background turning into blue :/ There are other issues with contrast and washed up colours. Simply, this one is not acceptable.

ZikO

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I found it on Amazon.co.uk. Because I need DVI connector, Amazon change the type to ViewSonic VX2252MH 22 inch FHD HDMI Multimedia Display. Not exactly the same you have suggested but I believe they are very similar. People complain about different issues such as: the device seems to fail after short period, screen sometimes flashes pink, it does not support 60Hz in highest resolution but the last one would not be an issue for me for this price. I would work in 1920x1080 anyway :) but nobody complained about poor quality of the screen or poor Viewing Angle which is what I'd need. Thanks