Question Decent Setup?

mtyms818

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
I'm adding some new parts to my PC and wanted to know if these would work fine together.
MB: X470 Gaming Plus from MSI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x (8 cores, 3.7-4.3 ghz)
RAM: Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz 2x8 GB
GPU: Nvidia Gtx 1070
Cooling: Corsair H60 (certain it is water cooling)
PSU: Corsair CX750M 750 watt

If I left out any other essentials, please let me know.

I'm adding some new parts to my PC and wanted to know if these would work fine together.
MB: X470 Gaming Plus from MSI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x (8 cores, 3.7-4.3 ghz)
RAM: Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz 2x8 GB
GPU: Nvidia Gtx 1070
Cooling: Corsair H60 (certain it is water cooling)
PSU: Corsair CX750M 750 watt

If I left out any other essentials, please let me know.
Have you checked the RAM compatibility with the MSI board? To make sure your RAM is on it? and the 2700x is a good option if you don't plan to overclock

for GTX 1070 you may wanna go with the GTX 1660Ti as it's cheaper and has more performance then the 1070 in most games

with a few gaming exceptions as it makes sense to assume this is for gaming

mtyms818

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
Have you checked the RAM compatibility with the MSI board? To make sure your RAM is on it? and the 2700x is a good option if you don't plan to overclock

for GTX 1070 you may wanna go with the GTX 1660Ti as it's cheaper and has more performance then the 1070 in most games

with a few gaming exceptions as it makes sense to assume this is for gaming
The board can take 3200 mhz ram, so I'm pretty sure that it will work.

I forgot to mention I already own many of these parts, the only ones I'm replacing are the MB, CPU, and RAM. Everything else is from my previous setup. The GTX 1070 seems to work flawlessly, so thats why I kept it there.

Also, the Ryzen 2700x seems to have its own fan (the Wraith spire, I think?), so I'm debating whe there to use this or my H60.

The board can take 3200 mhz ram, so I'm pretty sure that it will work.

I forgot to mention I already own many of these parts, the only ones I'm replacing are the MB, CPU, and RAM. Everything else is from my previous setup. The GTX 1070 seems to work flawlessly, so thats why I kept it there.

Also, the Ryzen 2700x seems to have its own fan (the Wraith spire, I think?), so I'm debating whe there to use this or my H60.
It's a good stock cooler but if you are overclocking it'd be best to get a better one also by compatible I mean is your RAM brand listed on the site of the MOBO you're using?

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
-you dont need a 750w PSU, get 550 or 650 at most.
-1660ti over gtx 1070.
-dont waste money on RGB ram get regular ram and get RGB strips or fan or both,
-you dont need a water cooler, stock cooler which comes with 2700x is more than enough (unless you plan on overclocking it over 4.5ghz and run it there at full load for extended periods of time)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You are fine. Since you already own the H60 and will get a freebie Wraith with the cpu, you can try both, see which one you prefer. They are roughly equivalent, but some ppl don't like the stock H60 fan, it's somewhat noisy, and others prefer the RGB that's on the Wraith. The H60 has a sight edge in cabability vrs the Wraith, but unless you are pushing higher OC, it's limits you'll not generally see.

Other than that, you are fine. I like Patriot ram just fine, my intel extreme masters 1866MHz will handle a 2400MHz OC with only a small bump over stock timings. Just make sure they go on the right slots for Ryzen, since Ryzens use ram as part of their hyperthreading, so it's kinda important for cpu stability and performance.