Decent Specs PC but Bad Gaming Performance

umesh1041

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
OK Guys...This problem has been existing ever since I got my pc and I thought its time I asked for some help..

Here are my specs:
Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2 Motherboard (FM2+ Socket)
AMD A8-7650k APU with Radeon R7 graphics (4 cores overclocked to 4.0 GHz)
8GB Corsair Value Select ram @1600 MHz (only one stick)
Asus Nvidia GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card (silent edition)
AVF Power Supply EXTREME POWER 650W (APS650-F12B)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

So...let me knock off some of your predictions...
1) There is no way my pc is overheating(or too hot) as I have 4 cooling fans on my case( 2 intake,2 outflow...and they are super large)..I have also checked temps and they are good
2)I did disable the onboard graphics(since mine is an apu) and only the GT 730 is running..this is due to the lower performance of the apu graphics.

My problem is... as far as gaming goes..i cant even run PES 2017 at medium settings ans also...PES 2018 came out recently..the only problem I had with the requirements was that my ram was 1gb lower because my gt730 was sharing it..not just the pes lineup I can even run CS:GO at high without lagging like crazy..same goes with Paladins and NFS The Run!

Pls guys I really need your expert opinion on if and what I'm doing wrong as my pc isn't that old and I'm lacking my gaming apetite just because of my PC..
Thanks In advace :/

Solution
Yeah, the dual graphics isn't very good, which is why you mostly see AMD not even bothering anymore - it's not worth buying a GPU for the express purpose of doing this. But if you're happy with the PC now, it's a moot point.

bignastyid

Titan
Honestly performance wise that system is not even a entry level gaming system, especially with a GT 730. In fact from the benchmarks I was looking at the integrated R7 in your APU would be faster than a GT 730 if you were using faster dual channel ram, but with ddr3 1600 in single channel it's likely about the same speed, but it's worth a shot to pull the 730 and try using the R7 and see if it does any better.

umesh1041

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017

i believe only the gt 730 is pulling me back..but I have a friend with the same gt 730 only with an i5 instead of a amd apu and he can run games way better than I can..thanks for the advice tho..I might just try getting myself a better ramstick maybe one of those Kingston hyper-x fury running @ 2444MHz..anything else?

umesh1041

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017

I was also wondering...would there be any difference if I just switched the graphics card for the onboard in my bios rather than pulling out the card..which would be better and a brief explanation would be great

You buy a APU for the excellent integrated graphics.
But, there are no real good upgrades, particularly for a gamer.
If you install a superior discrete graphics card, you will have thrown away the big advantage of the APU.
Then, you are left with a relatively weak cpu. Most games depend on only a few fast cores.

Bottom line.....
What you get with a APU is what you will live with forever.
Your A8-7650k has a passmark rating of 4924 and a single thread rating of 1445.
Most games depend on the single thread rating.

By comparison, a similarly priced G4600 has a rating of 5139/2043.

To see if better graphics will help, run these two tests:
a) Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

b) Limit your cpu, either by reducing the OC, or, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 70%.
Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.
Conversely what a 30% improvement in core speed might do.

umesh1041

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017

I guess I have to get faster ram

umesh1041

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017

got a Sapphire R7 250 1GB GDDR5 instead..for more than half the price of the gtx 150...reason behind getting the R7 is to use Dual Graphics with my processor

umesh1041

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
oh and btw..after getting the r7 250 I run my pes at medium 1366x768 with no lags nor micro stutters...prevoiously I ran pes 2107 at low 1280x720...also..CS:GO running at all max settings with a stable 60 fps..same with paladins

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, the dual graphics isn't very good, which is why you mostly see AMD not even bothering anymore - it's not worth buying a GPU for the express purpose of doing this. But if you're happy with the PC now, it's a moot point.

Solution