Question Decide on laptop : Ryzen 9 3900/RTX 2070 refresh OR i7 10870H/RTX 3070

Kiterule

Reputable
Apr 27, 2016
Hi everyone,
am trying to decide which laptop will best suit my needs for 3d cad and render applications. The two i have in mind are:

XMG Apex
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900
GPU: RTX 2070 refresh
RAM: 32Gb samsung 3200
SSD: 500GB samsung evo 970

GIGABYTE AORUS 15P XC
CPU: INTEL i7-10870H
GPU: RTX 3070
RAM: 32Gb
SSD: 500GB

please share any thoughts, comments or reviews that will help me decide.

Thank you all!!!!

Lutfij

Titan
Do you have links to the laptop's you're looking at? Also, you will need to specify the applications you want to tax the laptop with.

I'd get the Gigabyte since it comes equipped with the RTX3000 series GPU. O another note, you might want to think about additional storage options inside the laptop.

Reactions: Kiterule

Kiterule

Reputable
Apr 27, 2016
Do you have links to the laptop's you're looking at? Also, you will need to specify the applications you want to tax the laptop with.

I'd get the Gigabyte since it comes equipped with the RTX3000 series GPU. O another note, you might want to think about additional storage options inside the laptop.

yes the two links are:

XMG:
https://bestware.com/en/xmg-apex-15.html

Gigabyte Aorus:
https://www.caseking.de/en/gigabyte...vsZkKZU5_Id87zmLrJy24W_Ol-bDaA8v9_kiMu7kj_DOg

From XMG i can upgrade on a later stage the processor if i want. If AMD releases a bios update i might be able to install even the new ZEn 3 processors.
With gigabyte Aorus the only thing am getting better is the RTX gpu. I belive Ryzen 9 3900 is much faster and better than the i7 10870H

My dilemma is which one will perform better when i work simultaneously autocad, rhino, vray, photoshop and i have also open outlook and some tabs on chrome.

Gegemon007

BANNED
Feb 4, 2021
Most probably i will prefer to get Gigabyte Aorus as AMD is officialy a pain for heating problems and plus ur getting a laptop which can overheat pretty quickly compared to PC.
What is ur plan to do on the laptop?
and one big thing is, why dont u build a pc by urself or get it built by someone? that is more cheap and atleast will get u more goodies in the money saved...................Think about this

Last edited:

Gegemon007

BANNED
Feb 4, 2021
From XMG i can upgrade on a later stage the processor if i want. If AMD releases a bios update i might be able to install even the new ZEn 3 processors.
With gigabyte Aorus the only thing am getting better is the RTX gpu. I belive Ryzen 9 3900 is much faster and better than the i7 10870H

My dilemma is which one will perform better when i work simultaneously autocad, rhino, vray, photoshop and i have also open outlook and some tabs on chrome.
That probably means u need 64gb ram, and 1tb m.2 ssd