Question Decided on a 3700X, now what!?

vwcrusher

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
After reading through posts here and elsewhere regarding mb issues, I and frankly not sure which way to go.

The application for the new PC will be Adobe Lightroom and some 1440p 60Hz gaming, not to mention general use.

Given what has been written I do not plan on overclocking; also don't need RGB or WiFi.

Any suggestions?
Oh, budget: under $200

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
I just bought an Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus WiFi, looks to have pretty good features, two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type A ports, four USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A ports, and a single USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C port. 12+2 VRM, two M.2 slots, 8 SATA ports, USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel socket and only a small RGB light (I wasn't looking for RGB either). Other than that, the MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS board seems to be the best cheapest X570 board.

Careful on the TUF boards. Ever since Asus released the TUF series, they have been absolute garbage motherboards, VRMs are lacking, and a cheap product overall. Hopefully Asus got together and made these newer TUF boards better, but just be wary.

All motherboards are going to have issues right now due to maturity. It always takes a while before new chipsets and motherboards get mature and get quality BIOS's with bug fixes.

So no matter what board you get, you are bound to get early adopter issues.

TRENDING THREADS